|By Business Wire||
|November 16, 2012 04:00 AM EST||
Efficient Power Conversion Corporation (www.epc-co.com) announces that it has been recognized with a Leading Product Award by EDN China Innovation Award 2012 in its Power Device and Module category. In its eighth year, the EDN China Innovation Award 2012 is a benchmark event for recognizing product innovation by the voting of electronics design engineers and managers worldwide.
“It is an honor to receive this recognition as an industry leading product from EDN China magazine. The EPC2012 is one member of our family of eGaN FETs being adopted by customers as higher performance replacements for silicon-based MOSFETs,” noted Alex Lidow, CEO, Efficient Power Conversion Corporation.
EPC2012 is EPC’s second-generation 200 Volt enhancement mode gallium nitride (eGaN) power transistor with high frequency switching, enhanced performance in a lead-free, RoHS package.
The EPC2012 FET is a 1.7 x 0.9 mm, 200 VDS device with a maximum RDS(ON) of 100 milliohms with 5 V applied to the gate, and a pulsed current rating of 15 A.
Compared to a state-of-the-art silicon power MOSFET with similar on-resistance, the EPC2012 is smaller and has many times superior switching performance. Applications that benefit from eGaN FET performance include RF envelope tracking, wireless power transmission, high-speed DC-DC power supplies, point-of-load converters, class D audio amplifiers, hard-switched and high frequency circuits.
A datasheet for EPC2012 eGaN can be found at http://epc-co.com/epc/Products/eGaNFETs/EPC2012.aspx.
Design Information and Support for eGaN FETs:
- Download all EPC eGaN datasheets at http://epc-co.com/epc/Products.aspx
- Development boards and other design support available at http://epc-co.com/epc/ToolsandDesignSupport/DemoBoards.aspx
- View eGaN product training support materials at http://epc-co.com/epc/DesignSupportbr/Applications/DesignBasics.aspx
About EDN China
EDN China Innovation Award 2012 received 128 product nominations in various categories from over 70 companies worldwide. The Award 2012 featured nine major technology categories: Power Device and Module, Embedded System, Microprocessor/DSP, Programmable Logic, Analog/Mixed Signal IC, Test & Measurement, Development Tool and Software, Passive Component and Sensor, Communications & Networking IC. Besides, the Engineers’ Most Favored Distributor, Most Favored Local Innovative Company and Most Favored Innovative Engineer were selected. EDN China started over twenty years ago as the first publication focusing on electronics designs and knowledge exchange in the country. It has more than 400,000 registered readers. For details, please visit website www.ednchina.com.
EPC is the leader in enhancement mode gallium nitride based power management devices. EPC was the first to introduce enhancement-mode gallium-nitride-on-silicon (eGaN) FETs as power MOSFET replacements in applications such as servers, wireless power transmission, envelope tracking, RF transmission, power-over-ethernet (PoE), solar micro inverters, energy efficient lighting, and class-D audio amplifiers with device performance many times greater than the best silicon power MOSFETs. Visit our web site: www.epc-co.com.
Sign-up to receive EPC updates via email: http://bit.ly/EPCupdates or text "EPC" to 22828
Follow EPC on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/EPC_CORP
Like EPC on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/EPC.Corporation
eGaN is a registered trademark of Efficient Power Conversion Corporation, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher