|By Marketwired .||
|November 16, 2012 03:19 AM EST||
BUSAN, SOUTH KOREA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/16/12 -- G-STAR 2012, an international game exhibition participated by 434 companies from 31 countries around the world, came to an end with the biggest outcome in the event history recording 296,169 in the total number of visitors and 147.99 million dollars in the amount of export deals.
This year is the first year in which G-STAR exhibition was organized by Korea Association of Game Industry (Chairman Kwanho Choi). G-STAR 2012, which was held at BEXCO, Busan for four days from November 8, 2012, received positive reviews for laying the foundation to be a global exhibition by 'touching game customers'. Also, the event demonstrated its potential to grow as an exhibition specialized in game culture and game business.
In particular, G-STAR 2012 managed the flow of visitors in a more stable way than the previous year by introducing a barcode entry system, and drastically reduced public complaints such as noise transmitted from booth to booth and improved visitors' viewing convenience by expanding visitors' movements. Moreover, G-STAR 2012 increased visitors' satisfaction by providing four places to relax within the exhibition venue.
The amount of export deals signed at the B2B Hall (Business Hall), which was moved to New Exhibition Hall, BEXCO, for three days reached 147.99 million dollars with 3,935 business consultations. Furthermore, for the first time, the participation of foreign game companies accounted for more than 50% and the number of participating foreign buyers grew by more than 100% compared to a year ago. An official from China Joy who visited G-STAR 2012 said that "I was surprised because this year the size of B2B Hall is much bigger and the participation of foreign countries and visitors has greatly increased."
Mr. Kwanho Choi, Chairman of Korea Association of Game Industry declared his willingness, saying that "I am very pleased that G-STAR 2012 made the biggest achievement this year, the first year that this event was led by the private sector. We will develop G-STAR as an international game exhibition which is also recognized in the global market beyond Asia".
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2156615
G-STAR 2012 Organizing Office
MR. JEONGHUN KIM
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks