|By PR Newswire||
|November 15, 2012 11:08 PM EST||
AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- 2012 sees the much-anticipated return of Formula 1 to the United States of America with an all-new circuit in Austin, Texas – Circuit Of The Americas, and to kick-off the event-filled weekend, Fernando Alonso made a 'pit-stop' at a Shell-branded station in the capital of the Lone Star State.
Alonso surprised a Shell customer, Pedro Solis, who was at the station expecting to take part in the common ritual of filling up his car with high quality Shell fuels. He arrived at the station only to get the surprise of his life when the double World-Champion appeared and presented him with a year's worth of Shell V-Power Premium Gasoline® , which is the road-going equivalent of the Shell V-Power race fuel that powers his F2012 Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 car.
"I thought I was just pulling up to fill up my car with Shell, and the next thing I know, I'm getting a year's worth of Shell V-Power from Fernando Alonso. I am still in shock. What a day!"
Quote from Pedro Solis
"It's always fun to take part in an event like this leading up to a big race. We also got a chance to talk about how similar the fuel we will use this weekend is to the Shell V-Power that they'll get to fill up their car with for free for the next year."
Fernando Alonso, Scuderia Ferrari
"We are so pleased that we could celebrate the Grand Prix by surprising an unsuspecting Shell customer at one of our stations with our most advanced fuel, Shell V-Power," says Elizabeth Hudson, fuel category manager at Shell Oil Products US. "With the knowledge we gain from testing on the track, Shell scientists developed Shell V-Power Premium Gasoline for cars on the road to deliver maximum protection for optimum performance."
Notes to Editors:
- Having contested, in partnership, more than half of all the Formula One races ever run, Shell and Ferrari share one of the most successful partnerships in Formula One™ history. Many of the Shell scientists who develop products for Scuderia Ferrari are also working on their road-going equivalents – ensuring that any technological advantage developed for Ferrari is passed directly through to the motorist. The most obvious examples of this are Shell V-Power which owes a large part of its development to the Formula One program.
- A Video News Release (VNR) and rights-free images of the event are available here: http://innovision.ftptoday.com
- Username: ShellFerrariStation
- Password: Nov14
- Instructions: Your computer's directory will come up on the left side of the screen. If you want the file to download to your desktop, then highlight your desktop. If you want to download the video and photos to another folder on your computer, highlight that folder.
The ShellFerrariStationEvent video and photos will be highlighted on the right side of the screen.
Click the left arrow.
The video and photos will download to the location you have highlighted.
About Shell's Technical Partnership with Ferrari
Shell and Ferrari share one of the most successful partnerships in Formula One™ history.
Having contested, in partnership, more than half of all the Formula One races ever run, they have together amassed 12 Drivers' Championships and 10 Constructors' Championships.
This strong historical footing provides the basis for what is also one of the most forward-looking partnerships in contemporary motorsport.
SOURCE Shell Oil Company
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher