|By PR Newswire||
|November 15, 2012 10:35 PM EST||
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The momentous third and final book in the Pope's international best-selling Jesus of Nazareth series illuminates how the stories of Jesus' infancy and childhood are as relevant today – speaking to the restlessness of the human heart and leading us to profound joy – as they were two thousand years ago will be published in the United States and Canada on November 21, 2012, by Image Books, the Catholic-interest imprint of Random House, Inc.
Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives is a penetrating and theologically rich exploration of the infancy and early life of Jesus, focusing on the details found in the Gospel accounts. Exploring the history and politics of the time and why the birth of one child was of epic significance, as well as the story of Jesus' birth from the perspective of people like Mary and Joseph, humble and dedicated parents to a most-unique child; the Magi who sought the new-born King; and Simeon, the just and devout man of Jerusalem who had unparalleled insight into the wisdom of God. The root of these stories is the experience of hope found in the birth of Jesus and the affirmations of surrender and service, longing and seeking, and ultimately profound and complete joy.
The first book in the series, a New York Times bestseller published in 2007, covered the period from Jesus' baptism to his Transfiguration; the second, also a New York Times bestseller and issued in 2011, chronicled the passion and death of Jesus. Now, Pope Benedict concludes his series by sharing a compelling, flesh-and-blood portrait of Jesus and inviting readers to encounter, face-to-face, the central figure and the hope of the Christian faith found in a small babe.
A video trailer and cover images are available for download here: http://www.imagecatholicbooks.com/jesus-of-nazareth-resources/
Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives
by Pope Benedict XVI
On Sale: November 21, 2012
$20.00 U.S. • Hardcover
Media Contact: Johanna Inwood Image Catholic Books, an imprint of Random House, Inc., 719-264-5696, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Image Catholic Books
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks