|By PR Newswire||
|November 15, 2012 03:12 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Matua, the creator of New Zealand's First Sauvignon Blanc, has been named the 2012 New Zealand Wine Producer of the Year by the International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC), based in London.
Sam Glaetzer, Director of New Zealand Wine Production and Brands for Treasury Wine Estates, said that the award was a monumental win for the business.
"We are elated to receive global recognition by the IWSC. It's a true honor and testament to the whole Matua team for consistently producing wines of the highest standard and quality," said Sam.
Matua Senior Winemaker, Nikolai St George said he was speechless when he found out the news.
"Wine is my passion and my life and I'm so honored to carry on the tradition started by Bill and Ross Spence nearly 40 years ago.
"I can't imagine doing anything else in the world other than making wine, so to be recognized globally as the best New Zealand wine producer feels like I'm in a dream. I am so proud to lead the Matua winemaking team and celebrate this win together," said Nikolai.
2012 is just the second time Matua entered the IWSC competition.
"Matua is such an iconic winery in New Zealand and this award cements the strength and quality we strive for," states Kate McClure, Senior Marketing Manager, Matua. "We're thrilled to share this exciting achievement with U.S. wine enthusiasts who continue to embrace Matua."
The IWSC is also the only international wine competition that puts all wines through chemical analysis as well as judging by a team of senior tasters.
This award completes another amazing year for Matua. In total, Matua has won seven trophies, 19 Gold medals, and 108 medals in local and international wine shows.
About Matua Wines
We bring a passion to the way we make wine. We have a go. We try things out. We planted the first Sauvignon Blanc in NZ before anyone else. We created the wine that made New Zealand famous.
For more information:
Lily Lane, Senior Public Relations Manager
T +1 707.299.3252
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks