|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 03:10 PM EST||
EDMONTON, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- One of Canada's best pastry chefs and a renowned chocolate specialist is ready to embark on the next phase of his career at the Shaw Conference Centre (SCC). Arthur Chen, currently pastry chef at Delta Grand Okanagan Hotel in Kelowna, BC, will start as the SCC's executive pastry chef on November 26.
Chen's career has taken him around the world. Trained in Shanghai, he started as the Sheraton Tianjin's pastry chef on its opening day. He spent two years at Walt Disney World and moved to Vancouver in 1997. After a decade at the Pan Pacific Hotel, Chen went on to help open the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver.
His creations have been showcased for dignitaries, including former US president Bill Clinton, Prince William, and Queen Elizabeth II.
"We are excited to have Arthur join us at the Shaw Conference Centre," says Simon Smotkowicz, executive chef of Edmonton's premier conference facility. "Arthur will bring his own sense of creativity and inspiration, which will help grow our culinary team's award- winning reputation and excellence."
As head of the pastry kitchen, Chen will lead a 10-member pastry team that caters to events large and intimate. His position is part of SCC's unique selling feature and competitive edge nationally - enabling customization, creativity and collaboration with meeting planners.
Over 243,000 meals are served annually by SCC. The award-winning facility hosted 740 events and attracted over a half-million guests - creating $47 million in economic impact in 2011.
Managed by Edmonton Economic Development Corporation, the Shaw Conference Centre is one of Canada's premier meeting, entertainment, and convention venues, and encourages socially and environmentally responsible event-planning. For more information, visit www.edmonton.com. Learn more about Edmonton through the stories of people who've experienced it at www.edmontonstories.ca.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks