|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 02:15 PM EST||
HAMILTON, BERMUDA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- TBS Shipping announced today that the Board of Directors has appointed the Company's co-founder and Chief Operating Officer, Gregg McNelis, to Chief Executive Officer and President. Mr. McNelis will continue to serve as a Board Director.
Mr. McNelis commented, "TBS has a renewed focus on enhancing customer relationships, refreshing the fleet and empowering the many dedicated professionals who professionally execute our business worldwide. I look forward to my expanded role, leading TBS to successfully compete in our global markets while increasing stakeholder value."
Executive Chairman of the Board, Jeff Parry, commented, "The Board is pleased to promote Gregg to the CEO position which reinforces the Company's commitment and continuity in meeting all of TBS' customers' shipping and logistics needs as the Company grows through the shipping cycle."
About TBS Shipping Limited
TBS provides worldwide shipping solutions to industrial shippers through its Five Star Service: ocean transportation, projects, operations, port services, and strategic planning. The TBS shipping network operates liner, parcel and dry bulk services, supported by a fleet of a multipurpose tweendeckers and handysize/handymax bulk carriers. TBS has developed its franchise around key trade routes between Latin America and China, Japan and South Korea; within South America; as well as select ports in North America, Africa, the Caribbean and the Middle East. TBS serves a diverse client base of approximately 300 customers in 20 countries. Its customers rely on TBS' regular service as an integral part of their supply chain, and many of these relationships have been established for nearly twenty years. Visit our website at www.tbsship.com.
For more information, please contact:
Ferdinand V. Lepere
Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
TBS Shipping Limited
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks