|By PR Newswire||
|November 15, 2012 02:10 PM EST||
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA) ("HTA"), a leading owner of medical office buildings, today announced that it will be added to the MSCI US REIT Index (RMZ) effective Monday, December 3, 2012, as a result of MSCI's Semi-Annual Index Review. With the addition of HTA, there will be a total of 116 companies in the index.
"Our inclusion in the MSCI US REIT Index is an important step in the evolution of our company since our listing on the New York Stock Exchange on June 6, 2012," said Scott D. Peters, Chairman, CEO and President of Healthcare Trust of America. "We are proud to be included in the MSCI US REIT Index which will continue to expand our visibility in the investment community and highlight our dedication to the medical office sector."
According to MSCI, the MSCI US REIT Index is a free float market capitalization weighted index that is comprised of Equity REITs securities that belong to the MSCI US Investable Market 2500 Index. The MSCI US REIT Index includes only REIT securities that are of reasonable size in terms of full and free float-adjusted market capitalization to ensure that the performance of the Equity REIT universe can be captured and replicated in actual institutional and retail portfolios of different sizes.
About Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE:HTA), a publicly traded real estate investment trust, is a fully-integrated, leading owner of medical office buildings. HTA listed its shares on the New York Stock Exchange on June 6, 2012. HTA is a full-service real estate company focused on acquiring, owning and operating high-quality medical office buildings that are located on the campuses of nationally recognized healthcare systems in the major U.S. metropolitan areas. Since its formation in 2006, HTA has built a portfolio of properties that totals approximately $2.5 billion based on purchase price and is comprised of approximately 12.5 million square feet of gross leasable area located in 27 states.
For more information on Healthcare Trust of America, Inc., please visit www.htareit.com.
SOURCE Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher