|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 02:10 PM EST||
FREDERICK, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- Music & Arts, the largest band and orchestra instrument retailer and lesson provider in the country, has appointed Steve Zapf as president. A seasoned professional in the musical instrument and education industry, Zapf will report to current president Kenny O'Brien, who will become CEO.
"We're thrilled to welcome Steve to our executive team, as he brings with him valuable insight, experience and a proven winning track record in e-commerce and multi-channel," said Kenny O'Brien, president of Music & Arts. "The addition of his strategic leadership and knowledge of the music industry will position us for rapid expansion and help us achieve aggressive growth."
Simultaneous to Zapf's appointment, the Woodwind Brasswind Company will join the Music & Arts family to better align and supplement the Music & Arts online business. Steve Zapf will oversee Music & Arts' online business, all sales functions, marketing and merchandising.
Zapf most recently served as the executive vice president of multi-channel management for Guitar Center and also led sales and marketing for the direct-to-consumer divisions of GuitarCenter direct, Music and Arts direct, Musician's Friend, Music123, and Woodwind Brasswind. Prior to that, he was the founder & president of Music 123, a leading direct-to-consumer musical instrument retailer that exceeded $50 million in sales before being sold to Guitar Center.
Zapf has been a valuable employee with Guitar Center and Musician's Friend for more than 10 years and is uniquely positioned to lead Music & Arts to becoming a world class multi-channel musical instrument retailer. Prior to joining the Guitar Center family, Zapf attended Wharton Business School and successfully launched Music123.com where he reinvented the web business and platform. A long history in the industry, Zapf grew up in his family's instrument rental business and negotiated the sale of Zapf's Music to Music & Arts in 2000.
About Music & Arts
Music & Arts has served students, teachers and families through retail stores and school representatives since 1952. Based in Frederick, Md., the company specializes in sales and rentals of music instruments, instrument repairs and music lessons -- especially for the beginning and student musician. Music & Arts now has more than 110 retail locations across 22 states.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks