|By Elizabeth White||
|November 16, 2012 05:41 AM EST||
QLogic on Thursday announced that its 2600 Series Fibre Channel adapters will be used as part of Dell solutions to deliver an end-to-end 16Gb Fibre Channel storage area networks (SANs). QLogic adapters will provide 16Gb Fibre Channel connectivity for Dell 12th Generation PowerEdge rack, tower and blade servers, as well as native 16Gb Fibre Channel connectivity for Dell Compellent Storage.
"Our long history of collaboration with Dell and our expertise in Fibre Channel networking, from server to storage, have earned us this 16Gb Fibre Channel business for Dell Compellent storage and PowerEdge blade servers," noted Amit Vashi, vice president of marketing, Host Solutions Group, QLogic.
The QLogic 2600 Series includes support for advanced features such as virtual Fibre Channel in Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and management plug-ins for Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager. For VMware environments, the QLogic QConvergeConsole Plug-in for VMware vCenter, a set of software components delivered through a common information model (CIM), enables use of the same application integrated within the vCenter.
Available to Dell customers in both mezzanine and standard PCIe formats, the QLogic 2600 Series provides enterprise data centers with several compelling attributes.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?