|By PR Newswire||
|November 15, 2012 12:18 PM EST||
BOULDER, Colo., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FreeWave Technologies, (http://www.freewave.com), manufacturer of the most reliable, high-performance spread spectrum and licensed radios for critical data transmission, today announced its Spartan Series solution (http://www.freewave.com/products/allproducts/SpartanSeries.aspx) was selected as a finalist in the Best Data Security/Loss Management Solution category for Government Security News' 4th Annual Homeland Security Awards competition. All winners will be announced -- and celebrated -- at a gala dinner GSN is hosting at the Washington, DC Convention Center on the evening of Thursday, Nov. 29, 2012. Details about the awards gala can be found here (http://www.gsnmagazine.com/hsa2012/ceremony).
"We are thrilled to have the Spartan Series recognized as a finalist for the annual GSN Homeland Security Awards," said Ashish Sharma, chief marketing officer at FreeWave Technologies. "FreeWave has a strong heritage of providing extremely reliable and secure long range wireless data radio solutions and the Spartan Series emphasizes our commitment to excellence for the government and defense markets."
The Spartan Series of wireless radios incorporates the most advanced implementation of FIPS 140-2 encryption technology for secure long-range communications in the industry. The solution was designed to provide a highly secure communications link for a variety of government and defense applications, including command and control of unmanned systems. The solution offers a small and lightweight footprint that is attractive for systems where space is limited. Additionally, the Spartan solution is future-proof, offering an upgrade path to NSA Secret and Below (SaB), as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) and other unmanned systems look to enhance security even further in the future. Additional product features offered by the Spartan Series include:
- Up to 32 unique crypto keys
- Remote capability to zeroize an individual key or all keys
- NSA "Suite B" algorithms
- The ability to upgrade to a DS-101 key loading interface
- Advanced key handling architecture
The finalists and winners were selected by a panel of objective judges, according to Jacob Goodwin, Editor-in-Chief of Government Security News. "We received an extraordinary number of entries," Goodwin said. "We have carefully reviewed each entry and are now very pleased to announce an exceptionally strong field of finalists." Edward Tyler, Publisher of GSN, has invited government officials from federal, state and local levels -- as well as industry executives from across the country -- to join GSN at the awards ceremony on November 29th.
For more information on the Spartan Series, please visit: (http://www.freewave.com/products/allproducts/SpartanSeries.aspx)
Connect With Others About this Story:
- @freewavetech a finalist for the @GSNGovtSecNews Homeland #Security awards http://www.freewave.com/products/allproducts/SpartanSeries.aspx #wireless #m2m
- Newsroom (http://www.freewave.com/Company/NEWSEVENTS.aspx)
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/freewavetech)
- Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/FreeWave-Technologies/323638857657624?sk=map&activecategory=Photos&session id=1334633577)
About FreeWave Technologies
Founded in 1993, FreeWave Technologies manufactures the most reliable, high performing, lowest power consumption, spread spectrum and licensed radios for mission-critical data transmission. Through engineering excellence and a relentless commitment to best-in-class manufacturing, FreeWave customers enjoy superior radio up-time, range and the lowest cost of ownership available. Based in Boulder, Colorado, FreeWave designs and manufactures radios that are the leading choice for oil and gas, utility, military and numerous other industrial applications. Organizations that count on radio data communications for operational success – where failure and down-time are not an option – trust FreeWave for custom network design, system engineering and customer support that are unparalleled in the market. For additional information, contact FreeWave directly at 866.399.4930 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the company's website at (www.freewave.com).
303-581-7760 ext. 19
SOURCE FreeWave Technologies
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher