|By PR Newswire||
|November 15, 2012 12:15 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Postcard on the Run today announced the formation of On The Run Tech, its parent company that specializes in building powerful mobile apps that let users create customized physical products right from their mobile device. The On The Run Tech portfolio of companies includes Postcard on the Run, Run With It SDK, Postal Gopher and Casetomize, the soon to launch mobile app allowing users to create custom, high quality phone cases for Android and iOS devices directly from their phone.
"With On The Run Tech, we've created a platform to serve consumers wherever they go, bridging the gap between mobile commerce and physical goods with personalized convenience. This means a suite of native applications for iOS, Android and Windows that allow them to share content and imagery both online and offline, through physical keepsakes," said Josh Brooks, founder and CEO of On The Run Tech. "Our entrée into the space began with a beloved piece of culture – the postcard, but has quickly evolved into a roadmap of new personalized keepsakes and technology that helps connect digital to physical."
The next product to launch under the new company, Casetomize, is a cutting edge mobile app allowing users to create custom, high quality phone cases for Android and iOS devices directly from their phone. The free-to-download Casetomize app allows users to tap into their own photo libraries to create personalized, high quality phone and tablet cases. With the option to either select one image or several favorites, users can access and edit photos from their camera roll as well as from various social networks making the personalization possibilities endless.
In addition to Casetomize, the On The Run Tech portfolio of companies includes:
- Postcard on the Run - mobile app that lets users snap a picture and instantly send it through the mail as a real photo postcard to anyone, anywhere in the world
- Run With It SDK - monetization platform and marketing tool for brands and app developers including the likes of Universal, Sony Pictures, Lollapalooza, Starline Tours and the Viceroy Hotel Group among several others
- Postal Gopher - simple and secure postal address retrieval service
On The Run Tech recently closed a seed round of $1.3 million bringing the total amount of funding to date to $2 million. Selena Gomez, an investor and creative advisor to the company, participated in the new round along with Crosslink Capital, Crosscut Ventures, Siemer Ventures, Miramar Venture Partners, Newport Coast Investments and Double M Capital among other individual investors.
David Silverman, Partner with Crosslink Capital said, "Josh was quick to address the direction of where consumers are spending time and money – mobile. When we first met Josh, we immediately saw the passion of an entrepreneur aggressively looking to tackle a meaningful problem."
ABOUT ON THE RUN TECH
ON THE RUN TECH is a mobile platform that builds powerful mobile apps that let users create customized physical products right from their mobile device. The company's portfolio includes CASETOMIZE, a cutting edge mobile app allowing users to create custom, high quality phone cases for Android and iOS devices directly from their phone. Its photo postcard app, POSTCARD ON THE RUN, instantly creates and mails real photo postcards to anyone, anywhere in the world. On the B2B front, the RUN WITH IT SDK, offers a monetization platform and marketing tool for brands and app developers and POSTAL GOPHER, provides a simple and secure postal mobile address retrieval service. Based in Los Angeles, the company was founded in 2011. For more information on ON THE RUN TECH and its suite of products, please visit http://www.ontheruntech.com/.
CONTACT: Zella Panossian, (310) 228-1300, email@example.com
SOURCE Postcard on the Run
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher