|By PR Newswire||
|November 15, 2012 11:07 AM EST|
NEW YORK, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mutual of America announced today that Food on the Move was named a Merit Finalist in the 2012 Community Partnership Award competition.
One in five children in Texas experiences hunger daily. This problem becomes more profound each summer when low-income kids lose access to state funded free lunch provided at school.
Four years ago, Dallas-based nonprofit CitySquare launched Food on the Move to specifically combat childhood hunger when school is out of session. This innovative mobile-feeding program overcomes the barriers of transportation by delivering food daily to more than 8,000 youth in low-income areas who are home-bound and without access to nutritious meals. Throughout the summer, CitySquare operates 20 mobile teams, bringing more than 500,000 meals and enrichment activities to apartment sites, city parks and street corners.
"By bringing food to low-income kids on break from school, Food on the Move is taking a stand against childhood hunger across Texas," said Shawn Wills, Chief Development Officer of CitySquare.
About the Mutual of America Community Partnership Award
The Mutual of America Community Partnership Award annually honors the outstanding contributions that 10 nonprofit organizations, in partnership with public, private and other social sector organizations, make to society. Since its inception in 1996, the Community Partnership Award has recognized 170 partnerships from cities and towns all across America. To learn more about the Community Partnership Award, visit mutualofamerica.com/cpa.
"All of the 2012 honorees are leaders in society, creating innovative and effective solutions to help those in need," said Thomas J. Moran, Chairman, President and CEO, Mutual of America. "Through the Community Partnership Award, Mutual of America is proud to recognize, support and help extend the reach of these vital partnerships."
About Mutual of America
Mutual of America specializes in providing retirement products and related services to organizations and their employees, as well as to individuals. Since 1945, Mutual of America has remained committed to offering plan sponsors, plan participants and individuals carefully selected, quality products and services at a competitive price and the personal attention they need to help build and preserve assets for a financially secure future. For more information, visit mutualofamerica.com.
SOURCE Mutual of America
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks