|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 09:30 AM EST||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- Seven10 today announced major enhancements to its StorFirst EAS compliance-ready cloud/hybrid cloud massively scalable file system, including support for HP's Cloud Services Platform.
The seismic shift from traditional data back-ups to intelligent information archiving and virtualization is driving the demand for data preservation and availability with an ever-increasing need to create flexible, scalable and secure data centers both on-premise and in the cloud. As the "gateway" partner of choice for storage vendors and ISVs whose customers continue to deploy more complex and business-critical applications that require communication with a heterogeneous storage environment, Seven10 today announced that its StorFirst EAS automated tiered storage file system is now fully integrated with Microsoft's Windows Server 2012 and Hyper-V virtualization platform.
With more than a decade of alliance and interoperability with Microsoft's server platforms, StorFirst EAS support of Windows Server 2012 takes advantage of the latest innovations in data protection and tiered storage automation to deliver high performance, reliable applications and services across private, hosted and public clouds.
StorFirst EAS, Hyper-V, Windows Server 2012, & HP Openstack Interoperability
- Perform seamless data migrations from legacy storage systems (i.e. NAS) to new hybrid-cloud tiered storage with StorFirst EAS software and its immediate support for Windows Server 2012
- Seven10 is committed to helping customers increase the business value of information through unprecedented access, scale, performance, cost savings and security across the full range of Microsoft environments, including Microsoft SharePoint, Office, Exchange, and Windows
- Seven10's write-once, encryption and retention features combined with HP Cloud Object Storage's availability and scale immediately becomes ideal for archiving and data preservation in markets such as healthcare, finance, and government where long-term data retention is a mandate. Automated tiered storage can be quickly realized using HP's Cloud Services and Seven10's StorFirst EAS hybrid cloud file system. Providing enterprises with secure file sharing, centralized data management, the flexibility of a true hybrid cloud that supports disk, CAS, tape and VTL in addition to on-premise and on-line cloud offering within a single server footprint that supports billions of files and directories.
"Our research shows that, although interest in public and hybrid cloud models is growing, customers are still concerned about complexity, security and integration," said Simon Robinson, Research Vice President at 451 Research. "Cloud enablement and automated tiering offerings such as Seven10's offer a 'best of both worlds' blend that allows IT departments to embrace the cloud on their own terms; leveraging cost and scale efficiencies without losing control of their data. Seven10's extensive support for Microsoft environments -- as well as emerging clouds such as HP Cloud Services -- should help ensure that the customer's path to the cloud is as smooth as possible."
"Our customers are aggressively adopting virtualization technologies to take advantage of the performance, functionality and lower costs inherent to platforms like Windows Server Hyper-V," said Bobby Moulton, chief executive, Seven10. "Seven10 customers can deploy and seamlessly migrate to the cloud with confidence, knowing that StorFirst EAS software offers fully integrated enterprise data protection across Microsoft's application and server platforms in addition to offering the industry's most complete cloud and hybrid-cloud storage support."
About Seven10 Storage Software
Seven10 develops a massively scalable and secure cloud/hybrid cloud file system that helps organizations design and implement cost effective, long term information retention strategies. The StorFirst EAS scale-out file system automates data movement while offering enhanced data protection and disaster recovery across heterogeneous archive storage systems. As corporate archive requirements expand, Seven10's software-based scalability and manageability enables companies to add the storage of their choice so they can best address their compliance, discovery and other business needs. With proven success in healthcare, financial and other compliance-driven markets where information retention demands are unparalleled, Seven10 is fast becoming one of the most trusted names in cloud archiving and secure information management. For more information, visit: www.seven10storage.com.
Seven10 Storage Software, LLC.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher