|By PR Newswire||
|November 15, 2012 09:02 AM EST||
MADRID, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP NEWSBYTE — SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced it has enhanced its preferred strategic collaboration with VMware to help customers gain value from key transformational technologies by supporting VMware vSphere® 5.1 for test and development use on the SAP HANA® platform. The announcement was made at SAPPHIRE® NOW + SAP® TechEd, being held as a co-located event in Madrid from November 13-16.
SAP and VMware are bringing a new deployment architecture for SAP HANA to customers. By deploying SAP HANA on VMware vSphere, customers can use a datacenter platform that can offer agility, cost savings, and easy provisioning. Customers will have the ability to provision instances of SAP HANA in virtual machines faster, as well as use advanced datacenter capabilities of VMware vSphere, such as Dynamic Resource Scheduling and vSphere vMotion®. This also enables SAP HANA to operate on a VMware deployment architecture that is commonly found in SAP customer datacenters.
Additionally, other validated and certified SAP technology partners are expected to offer virtualized SAP HANA appliances for test and development.
"The software defined datacenter, delivered by the VMware vCloud® Suite, can empower organizations to achieve greater agility and flexibility while simplifying their IT operations," said Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware. "SAP support for VMware vSphere® 5.1 on SAP HANA can give customers the confidence they need to be successful in virtualizing their tier-one business-critical applications."
With SAP's formal support of virtual SAP HANA on VMware vSphere, customers can provision and deploy instances of SAP HANA "on demand," improve their total cost of ownership, simplify management of their SAP HANA environment and gain the agility and operational benefits of VMware vSphere.
VMware, VMware vCloud, vMotion and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
SOURCE SAP AG
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London