|By PR Newswire||
|November 15, 2012 07:13 AM EST||
LONDON, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Higher energy efficiency, CO2 reduction and expansion of renewable energy sources are cornerstones of the current EU energy policy. Changes in the macro environment require a new approach from energy utilities. While traditional functions of operators or energy producers are well established, those related to asset or process optimisation are still in their infancy. Meeting environmental goals will not be possible without extensive implementation of smart technologies in the energy sector.
Frost & Sullivan will host a web conference entitled "Smart Grid Deployment Framework in the EU – How ICT Vendors Can Benefit from Regulatory Changes" on Tuesday, 27 November 2012, at 14.00 GMT. Research Analyst, ICT, Ewa Tajer will discuss the changing regulatory landscape in the EU, with special regard to the United Kingdom, Germany, Poland and Sweden. The briefing will focus on how ICT vendors can benefit from the shift in the European energy policy.
"A smart grid is a matter of when, not if. However, its development requires changes to the regulatory and business framework, which strongly affects producers' and operators' development strategy," notes Ewa Tajer. "Smart grids have been recognised as crucial for the future of the European energy sector. Although the current deployment framework does not encourage utilities to put more intelligence into the grid, smart grids remain an inevitable part of the EU energy scenario," she adds.
Smart grid expansion will provide an additional boost to the ICT industry. Utilities need improved grid balancing, more accurate metering and better fault management. Today's energy challenges can be addressed only with a reliable ICT infrastructure in place. This means new business opportunities for ICT vendors. Competition among ICT suppliers and vendors will grow, and new products and advanced services for the energy sector will be available.
The Frost & Sullivan web conference participants will learn about the current trends in the European energy policy and quality change in energy utility's needs, as well as what are the current drivers and restraints in the smart energy sector. The briefing will benefit utility solution providers, ICT service providers and ICT equipment vendors.
If you would like to participate in this complimentary web conference, please email Joanna Lewandowska, Corporate Communications, at Joanna.email@example.com with your full contact details. Upon receipt of the above information, a registration link will be e-mailed to you. You may also register to receive a recorded version of the briefing at anytime by submitting the aforementioned contact details.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Corporate Communications – Europe, Frost & Sullivan
Tel: +48 22 481 62 20
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher