|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 07:10 AM EST||
SANFORD, ME -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- As a leading provider of flow-based network traffic monitoring and threat detection technology, Plixer International, Inc. today announced that Michael Patterson, Plixer's CEO, will host a complimentary webcast titled, "VMware ESX Traffic Monitoring and Threat Detection." The online event will be held Thursday, November 29th, 2012, 10am (ET) and 4pm (ET).
The educational Plixer webcast will offer insight and guidelines for leveraging flow exports to improve application performance monitoring, as well as best practices for performing an additional layer of network threat detection. Additionally, the webcast will demonstrate enhanced metrics designed to empower IT teams with in-depth details in such areas as:
- Application performance baselines with latency and packet loss metrics
- Monitoring and reporting cloud services on the users experiencing poor connection times
- Information availability natively from the ESX core package
- Monitoring to ensure virtual applications/workloads are isolated from one another
- Securing multitenant virtual environments
- Tips for ESX server monitoring in vSwitch and Cisco Nexus 1000v environments
"For years, VMware has supported NetFlow v5 -- and now with its vSphere v5.1 version, VMware offers support for IPFIX and export support for IPv6 and the new VXLAN technology for software defined networking," explains Michael Patterson, CEO, Plixer International, and author of the newly released book "Unleashing the Power of NetFlow and IPFIX." "IT professionals at organizations must be aware that monitoring business applications running on ESX require special considerations."
According to Forrester Consulting's Forrsights Hardware Survey, in 2013, 74% of x86 server OS instances will be operating as virtual servers rather than directly on server hardware. The survey indicates that "29% of the North American organizations surveyed by Forrester Consulting identified the overall state of security of virtual systems (as well as the compliance issues associated with those systems) as a major concern about future server virtualization deployments."
Register to view the webcast: http://www.plixer.com/About/webinars.html
Download a free trial of Plixer's Scrutinizer for NetFlow traffic analysis or schedule a live demo by calling: (207) 324-8805 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more NetFlow insight, follow Plixer International on their Blog, Twitter, Facebook or join NetFlow Developments Group on LinkedIn.
About Plixer International, Inc.
Plixer International, Inc. develops and markets network traffic monitoring and analysis tools to the global market. All of the tools are built from the ground up with valuable feature sets and ease of use in mind. Plixer tools have been used to analyze and troubleshoot irregular traffic patterns by IT professionals with some of the largest networks in the world, such as CNN, The Coca-Cola Company, Lockheed Martin, IBM, Regal Cinemas, Raytheon, and Eddie Bauer.
For product and sales information, contact Plixer International, Inc. at 207.324.8805, or visit http://www.plixer.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2155111
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2155113
BridgeViewMarketing (for Plixer International, Inc.)
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?