|By Business Wire||
|November 15, 2012 04:00 AM EST||
Social recruiting is a relatively new phenomenon. How are companies using it? What are the trends and best practices?
Attracting applicants and burnishing an employer brand
As they appeal to huge numbers of users, social networks are a relevant place for a company to build up a talent pool. Asserting an employer brand online will be all the more effective on targeted web communities whose members are most likely to match the sought-after profiles. The company’s employees, if present on these discussion forums, can act as ambassadors for their employer. Last, but not least, “social networks [can] also provide the chance to boost a company’s recruitment culture,” claims Jacco Valkenburg, International Recruitment Consultant.
Conveying an Employer Value Proposition on a global scale
For several years now, ADP Employer Services has been laying the foundation for talent acquisition on social networks in the US. François Scholtz, Global Staffing Leader for ADP ES international, explains the challenges of rolling out the approach globally: “Our objective is to globalize our social media recruitment practices from now on. […] This falls under the umbrella of “Career One”, a much larger global project encompassing all changes affecting recruitment.”
Faster, better focused recruiting
Recruiting through social networks is still a too recent phenomenon to have been “benchmarked” on a large scale. Nevertheless, certain studies are already proving that these media are fertile ground for detecting talent. Detecting is key as “the point is not to advertise vacancies [but] to engage potential candidates in dialog early” says Jacques Froissant (France), Founder of Altaïde, innovative HR services. One of the consequences of using social media as an HR leverage is that it pushes boundaries and creates new roles for HR teams.
About ADP Employer Services International
With 60 years of unrivalled expertise, ADP is the largest outsourcer of payroll and human resources administration services, offering solutions adapted to each company whatever its size, sector of activity or presence, local or international. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.es-international.adp.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks