|By JCN Newswire||
|November 14, 2012 11:40 PM EST||
AR-MAPS is a map app that utilizes AR technology as well as the iPhone's map and camera functions. By simply holding up the iPhone, it enables anybody to intuitively recognize the direction of the destination by using an AR tag to make visible the destination location and the path to it.
After setting the destination using the navigation function, the AR tag is displayed showing the direction to the destination from the current location, thus enabling the user to navigate by making visible the route to the destination. The app also enables searching of local information from the current location to find information on nearby cafes and restaurants.
Crossfader president Takeshi Tanaka comments on features of the app. "AR-MAPS has an AR mode and Map mode that the user can switch between. In AR mode, the ground as seen on the iPhone screen is transformed into a map, so the scene as viewed through the iPhone and the map information of your current location can both be viewed on the same screen. This updated version also provides support for English, so now overseas users can also use AR-MAPS."
This new version also allows the user to select between the iPhone standard map and Google Maps for the map display.
Because AR-MAPS requires data downloading to function, Crossfader recommends subscribing to a fixed-fee data communications service. Also recommended are the iPhone 4s and iPhone 5.
About Crossfader Inc.
Crossfader Inc., founded in Tokyo in 2005, utilizes interactive and social media as tools on PCs and mobile phones, communication support, website building and updating, website operation, and various other services. For more information, please visit http://www.crossfader.jp.
Source: JCN http://www.japancorp.net
Copyright 2012 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher