|By JCN Newswire||
|November 14, 2012 11:38 PM EST||
Aiming to provide the South Korean market with a diverse vehicle lineup that meets consumer expectations, the Venza is to join Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Indiana, Inc.-manufactured "Sienna" minivans and TMMK-manufactured "Camry" and "Camry Hybrid" sedans exported there since last year.
Toyota began exporting U.S.-manufactured vehicles in 1988, and now exports U.S.-manufactured vehicles to 21 countries and regions around the world, including Canada and Mexico. Such exports, totaling approximately 85,000 units in 2011, are expected to increase to more than 130,000 units in 2012.
Overview of Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky (as of September 30, 2012)
Location: Georgetown, Kentucky, United States
President: Wil James
Establishment: January 1986
Start production: May 1988
Products: Avalon, Camry, Camry Hybrid, Venza and engines
Annual capacity: Vehicles: Approx. 500,000 units (with no overtime
or holiday shifts)
Engines: Approx. 440,000 units (with no overtime
or holiday shifts)
Employees: Approx. 6,600
Supported by people around the world, Toyota Motor Corporation (TSE: 7203; NYSE: TM), has endeavored since its establishment in 1937 to serve society by creating better products. As of the end of March 2012, Toyota conducts its business worldwide with 50 overseas manufacturing companies in 27 countries and regions. Toyota's vehicles are sold in more than 160 countries and regions. For more information, please visit www.toyota-global.com.
Toyota Motor Corporation Corporate Communications Department Public Affairs Division Tel: +81-3-3817-9150
Copyright 2012 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks