|By Business Wire||
|November 14, 2012 08:12 PM EST||
The OpenMP Consortium, a group of leading hardware and software vendors and research organizations creating the standard for OpenMP, appointed Andy Fritsch and Partha Tirumalai to its Board of Directors. They bring a wealth of experience in the HPC and DSP markets to the OpenMP ARB.
Andy Fritsch is the Manager of Foundational Tools for Texas Instruments. In his role, Andy manages development of tools for TI’s processors across many product areas including DSPs, microcontrollers and automotive. His responsibilities include compilers, hardware debug probes/platforms, simulators, tools product management and applications support.
Partha Tirumalai is a Senior Principal Engineer and Technical Advisor in the Systems Group of Oracle Corporation. His interests are in processor architecture, optimizing and parallelizing compilers, application performance, and high performance computing systems. He has authored numerous papers and has received a number of patents in these areas.
“Andy and Partha bring us great experience in the HPC and DSP markets,” said Michael Wong, OpenMP CEO. “We are very pleased that they join the OpenMP board.”
In addition to Andy and Partha, the board of directors of the OpenMP ARB consists of Josh Simons of VMware, Sanjiv Shah of Intel, and Koh Hotta of Fujitsu.
OpenMP is attending SC12 and is releasing draft version 4.0 of the specification at this tradeshow.
The OpenMP Application Program Interface (API) is a multi-platform shared-memory parallel programming model for the C, C++ and Fortran programming languages. Jointly defined by a group of major computer hardware and software vendors and the user community, OpenMP is a portable, scalable model that gives shared-memory parallel programmers a simple and flexible interface for developing parallel applications for platforms ranging from multicore systems and SMPs, to embedded systems.
Incorporated in 1997, The OpenMP ARB is the non-profit corporation that owns the OpenMP brand, oversees the OpenMP specification and produces and approves new versions of the specification. Further information can be found at http://www.openmp.org/
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks