|By Business Wire||
|November 14, 2012 04:42 PM EST||
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that its board of directors has appointed Ron Nersesian Agilent president and chief operating officer, effective immediately. Nersesian has been executive vice president and chief operating officer since November 2011.
Nersesian, 53, will continue to be responsible for Agilent’s Chemical Analysis (CAG), Life Sciences (LSG), Electronic Measurement (EMG), and Agilent Order Fulfillment (AOF) businesses, with the presidents of those groups reporting to him. Nersesian will continue to report to William (Bill) Sullivan, who remains chief executive officer.
Nersesian first joined Hewlett-Packard Co., Agilent’s predecessor company, in 1984. Since then he has served in various management positions, including president of the electronic measurement business from 2009 to 2011.
Nersesian holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Lehigh University and an MBA from New York University, Stern School of Business.
“Ron is an outstanding global business leader,” said Sullivan. “He transformed EMG when he headed that business, resulting in record profitable growth across current and emerging markets.”
“Over the past year as COO, Ron made significant strides in increasing the profitability of our life science and chemical analysis businesses even as we navigated through a difficult economy,” said Sullivan.
Sullivan added, “Ron’s appointment as president and COO is an opportunity for Agilent to further leverage the skills of an executive with an exceptional record of business growth, cost improvements and superior return on invested capital.”
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world’s premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company’s 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.6 billion in fiscal 2011. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS: Further technology, corporate citizenship and executive news is available on the Agilent news site at www.agilent.com/go/news.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks