|By Business Wire||
|November 14, 2012 04:12 PM EST||
Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Data Center Security Appliances market share, size, and forecast report, which tracks virtual and data center security appliances.
“A wave of new spending on data center security is underway. Service providers and enterprises are rebuilding data centers, and they need new security infrastructures to keep up with the performance requirements, network architectures, and threats brought about by the move to virtualization and the cloud,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research. “As a result, data center security spending is growing rapidly, and new vendors are finding opportunities to grow their share of the data center security pie.”
DATA CENTER SECURITY APPLIANCE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics forecasts the data center security appliance market to grow to $2.7 billion by 2016
- Quarterly data center security appliance market share closely mirrors the overall security solution market, with Cisco leading, followed by Juniper, McAfee, Fortinet and Check Point
- In the virtual security appliance segment, revenue is up 34% from the year-ago 2nd quarter and annual revenue is forecast to grow at a 21% CAGR through 2016, driven by cloud infrastructure buildouts, the high visibility of security as a barrier for cloud adoption, and the rapid adoption of server virtualization
- The virtual appliance vendor landscape is a crowded one, comprising a mix of established security players, virtualization platform vendors, and specialist vendors
Infonetics’ biannual data center security appliances report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for virtual security appliances (VPNs/firewalls, SSL VPNs, IDS/IPS, and content security gateways) and data center security appliances (integrated security appliances, DDoS appliances, IDS/IPS, and content security gateways). Vendors tracked include Arbor Networks, Blue Coat, Check Point, Cisco, Fortinet, GenieNRM, HP, ISS, Juniper, McAfee, Narus, SonicWALL, Sourcefire, Stonesoft, Symantec, Trend Micro, WatchGuard, Websense, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Latest Infonetics Security research brief: http://bit.ly/UplxMf
- Mobile security client software market expected to jump more than 60% this year
- Cloud-based security services set to surge 83% by 2016
- Integrated, hosted, SaaS security driving overall market
- Hybrid security solutions gaining traction among enterprises, Infonetics survey finds
- DDoS prevention market to grow 24% in 2012 as competition heats up
- Cisco leads tight race for web security SaaS supremacy
- Enterprises want application control solutions with broad app support
- Google tops Infonetics’ messaging security SaaS scorecard
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics' research brochure, publication calendar, report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
- Infonetics’ 2013 Market Research Lineup
- Cloud & Data Center Security Strategies & Vendor Leadership: Service Provider Survey
- Content Security Gateway Appliances, Software & SaaS Market Share & Forecasts
- DDoS Prevention Appliances Market Share & Forecasts
- Enterprise Networking and Communication Vendor Leadership Scorecard
- Fundamental Telecom/Datacom Market Drivers
- Network Security Appliances and Software Market Share & Forecasts
- Service Provider Capex, Revenue & Capex by Equipment Type
- Telecommunications Equipment Vendor Leadership Scorecard
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks