|By PR Newswire||
|November 14, 2012 02:03 PM EST||
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Representatives of Golf Academy of America, the world's largest and longest-running two-year golf career college, announced that teams consisting of military veteran students and alumni from each of its five campuses played more than 1,000 total holes of golf on Monday, Nov. 12 for the Wounded Warrior Project. Over $2,500 was raised between five sites and donations continue to accumulate online.
The 2012 Golf Academy of America Patriots Under Par Golf Marathon began at dawn at five golf courses across the country: River Oaks Plantation in Myrtle Beach, S.C., Wekiva Golf Club in Longwood, Fla., Luna Vista Golf Course in Dallas, Texas, Western Skies Golf Club in Gilbert, Ariz., and Marine Memorial Golf Course at Camp Pendleton in San Diego, Calif.
Teams of students set out at each course at dawn to play as many holes as they could in daylight hours. At dark, they holed their final putts and put their feet up at the end of an eventful Veteran's Day event.
"We want to express our pride and gratitude to all students, family and staff who banded together to make Monday's event such a great success," said Mike Largent, president of Golf Academy of America. "Military veterans are such a vibrant part of our student body. We thank them for their service and look forward to working with them in the future to benefit great causes such as the Wounded Warrior Project."
For more information about Golf Academy of America, visit www.GolfAcademy.edu or call (800) 342-7342.
About Golf Academy of America
Golf Academy of America is the largest and longest-running two-year golf college in the world. Golf Academy of America's 16-month program balances classroom studies, practical experience and comprehensive understanding of both the game and the business of golf. Campuses are located in San Diego, Phoenix, Orlando, Myrtle Beach and Dallas. For more information, call 800-342-7342 or visit www.GolfAcademy.edu. The schools are owned and operated by the Education Corporation of America, headquartered in Birmingham, Ala.
SOURCE Golf Academy of America
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher