|By PR Newswire||
|November 14, 2012 12:38 PM EST||
ST. PAUL, Minn., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new documentary on the proliferation of digital billboards, Chronicle of the Billboard Wars, has won widespread praise from scenic groups and others around the country who are involved with an epic struggle against invasive outdoor advertising in their communities.
"Chronicle of the Billboard Wars demonstrates pride in one's community, belief that local citizens and government can prevail against powerful national self-interests, courage to stand up for what's right, and unity against the destruction of community character," said Lyman Orton, a Scenic America board member.
"Your videos are certainly the most powerful weapon I've seen to combat the assault. Keep up the good work," said John Hedrick, Scenic Illinois executive director.
"You will be wowed and inspired when you view this series of short videos documenting recent and current grassroots efforts to thwart the billboard industry, and digital billboards in particular," said Milo F. Hanke, past president of San Francisco Beautiful.
"Great job. Well done. I hope everyone in the world sees your film," said Peter Ehrlich, Scenic Miami.
Chronicle of the Billboard Wars producers Ossian Or and Sandra Valle visited over 20 American cities to document the work of these individuals and organizations that often face difficult political and financial odds in the war against the billboard companies. Their stories are compelling and upbeat as they share their experiences and say to all of us that "you can beat these people" and that "citizens matter."
This is not just a local or national issue. Chronicle was shown last week at the Warsaw Museum of Modern Art "Warsaw Under Construction" film festival.
To watch the trailer for Chronicle of the Billboard Wars and learn more about the project, go to: www.blightfighters.org. Complimentary review copies of the DVD will be provided to your news organization upon request. Please contact us.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher