|By Business Wire||
|November 14, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the achievement of several key milestones during its initial year in the global data storage solutions market, including Red Hat Storage product capabilities, routes-to-market, and open source community involvement. This momentum allows Red Hat Storage solutions to address the growing demand for cost-effective and scalable storage that help enterprises manage the exploding volume of unstructured data.
Only months after entering the storage market in the fall of 2011 with the acquisition of Gluster, Inc., Red Hat delivered the Red Hat Storage appliance based on GlusterFS community technology. In June 2012, Red Hat Storage Server 2.0 became available worldwide, providing enterprise customers with open, unified scale-out storage software.
“We are proud to articulate the significant developments in our storage strategy and technologies in response to the interest in software-only scale out storage solutions from enterprise CIOs around the world,” said Sarangan Rangachari, vice president and general manager, Storage Business Unit, Red Hat. “Red Hat Storage servers transform the enterprise and cloud storage market by combining community-powered innovation with the volume economics of industry-standard x86 servers across on-premise, private cloud or open hybrid cloud environments.”
The following are Red Hat Storage achievement highlights to date.
- Product: Since its general availability in June 2012, Red Hat Storage Servers 2.0 are deployed by more than 100 enterprises around the world, in both production and proof-of-concept deployments. Now integrated with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (in beta), Red Hat Storage provides customers with the fundamental building blocks to create storage for open hybrid clouds. Red Hat Storage also has a new management console (in technology preview) that provides customers with fine-grain control of their unified scale-out storage pool through a single pane of glass.
- Channel Enablement: In the last several months, Red Hat Storage routes-to-market greatly expanded with 30+ new enterprise ISVs/resellers in authorization process to broaden the reach to enterprises worldwide.
- Community: The Gluster Community has grown to enjoy 50,000+ monthly visitors, 160 percent growth in community participation since Nov. 2011, 160,000+ GlusterFS downloads while expanding into more countries in the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Red Hat Storage is a software-only scale-out storage solution that spans the data center and cloud with a single global namespace, creating a flexible and highly scalable enterprise storage solution that offers lower costs because it runs on x86 compute platforms. Red Hat Storage can be easily deployed on-premise, in private clouds, in public cloud infrastructures or hybrid cloud environments and can be optimized for storage-intensive enterprise workloads including high-performance computing, near-line archival and rich media content clouds. Red Hat Storage Server for Public Cloud takes advantage of Amazon® AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS) and Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances to give enterprises a cost-effective scale out storage solution.
During today’s press webcast at 12:30 p.m. ET, Red Hat will provide an in-depth update on Red Hat Storage strategy and technologies. A live question and answer session will follow the presentation by Rangachari. Questions can be submitted directly via the webcast platform, sent to email@example.com or submitted through Twitter via the hashtag #redhat. To register for this press webcast or view the replay, please visit here.
- For more information about Red Hat Storage visit here
- For more information about The Gluster Community visit www.gluster.org
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more Red Hat news or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of open source software solutions, taking a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat and JBoss are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher