|By Business Wire||
|November 14, 2012 07:02 AM EST||
Demandware, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced Collaboration Center, a new social enterprise workspace for users of the Demandware Commerce platform. Collaboration Center provides a central location for dispersed, global commerce teams to manage projects and collaborate on major initiatives. Demandware clients can also leverage the network to tap the collective wisdom of other retailers to share trends and technologies, best practices and other information.
Timely and effective execution of a new ecommerce site launch, promotional campaign or seasonal collection is often determined by the ability of a retail organization to share information, enhance process flow and quickly make important decisions. Collaboration Center enables digital commerce teams across functions and geographies to increase productivity and efficiency by providing a virtual location for working together, managing projects, configuring workflow and tasks, and tracking progress.
Collaboration Center also provides access to interactive forums, documentation, training and code assets shared across the international Demandware community of thousands of merchandisers, marketers, developers and other ecommerce professionals. Because all Demandware clients use the latest version of the Demandware Commerce platform, techniques and code assets can be easily leveraged across client and partner organizations.
“As a new Demandware client, Collaboration Center has proven to be an extremely valuable resource for us. The community is open and responsive, and the tools available at our finger tips are invaluable,” said Tim Katz, director of ecommerce operations, Pacific Sunwear.
Collaboration Center includes the following social enterprise capabilities:
- Project Workspaces – Dedicated workspaces enable project teams to make faster, more informed decisions through improved communication and cross-team collaboration. Team members can review, edit and track project plans, upload specification documents, contribute to creative strategies and more.
- Expert Access – Subject matter experts from across the Demandware community share ecommerce knowledge and best practices and are available to help solve specific business challenges as quickly as possible.
- Idea Sharing – Members can contribute suggestions for Demandware product enhancements and are able to influence the prioritization of Demandware product development.
- On-Demand Learning – An integrated learning management system provides comprehensive user education on demand. Managers can also track whether team members have completed courses and encourage further learning as necessary.
- Code Resource Library – Users have access to a rich repository of code assets developed by Demandware, clients, partners and external developers, as well as the Demandware LINK Marketplace, which includes dozens of pre-built integrations to leading third-party technologies.
- Personalized Access – The workspaces can be personalized to track relevant topics and people.
“Large retailers and brands have global teams and multi-faceted projects where collaboration and knowledge sharing are essential to innovation and fast site deployments,” said Jamus Driscoll, senior vice president of marketing for Demandware. “Collaboration Center melds new social collaboration practices with enterprise commerce, allowing our clients to optimize their project teams across geographies, move projects faster, and tap a broad community for ideas and best practices that make consumer experiences better.”
About Demandware, Inc.
Demandware (NYSE: DWRE), is a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solutions that enable companies to easily design, implement and manage their own customized ecommerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated Demandware Commerce platform to more easily launch and manage multiple ecommerce sites, initiate marketing campaigns more quickly, and improve ecommerce traffic. For more information about Demandware, visit www.demandware.com, call 888-553-9216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect With Us:
• Twitter – http://twitter.com/demandware
• Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/demandware
• Demandware Blog - http://blog.demandware.com/
Demandware is a registered trademark of Demandware, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher