|By Marketwired .||
|November 14, 2012 04:08 AM EST||
ROCKVILLE, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 11/14/12 -- MarketResearch.com has announced the addition of the new report "Smart Pills Technologies Market (2012-2017) (Diagnostic imaging, patient monitoring, drug delivery)," to their collection of market reports.
Gastro-Intestinal (GI) disorders are becoming more prevalent in our day to day life owing changing lifestyles, dietary habits and aging population. The effective therapeutics and sources or unknown causes of bleeding for some of the GI disorders are still an enigma to the medical industry due to lack of effective medical devices that reach the contours of the small intestine. Although there are flexible endoscopes, they still cause discomfort to the patients due to insertion of a wired tube into the body. The advancements in the field of medical science and technology and the emergence of micro and nanotechnology have paved the way for miniaturized wireless capsule endoscopes, also called as capsule endoscopes. These micro capsules can also be used for site-specific drug delivery and effective patient monitoring. This novel approach, enabled by Bio-MEMS, is called as Smart Pills. This technology is not only comfortable for patients, but also enables the healthcare providers to take on-time remedical action effectively.
Developments under smart pill technology are in juvenile stage. Currently, Capsule endoscopes are available in the market. This small capsule is incorporated with color camera, battery, light source and transmitter for effective image management. Other new functionalities are integrated inside the capsules for various medical applications.
For more information, visit http://www.marketresearch.com/land/product.asp?productid=7180817&progid=84897
MarketResearch.com is the leading provider of global market intelligence products and services. With research reports from more than 720 top consulting and advisory firms, MarketResearch.com offers instant online access to the world's most extensive database of expert insights on global industries, companies, products, and trends. Moreover, MarketResearch.com's Research Specialists have in-depth knowledge of the publishers and the various types of reports in their respective industries and are ready to provide research assistance. For more information, call Cindy Frei at 240.747.3014 or visit http://www.marketresearch.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks