|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 06:25 PM EST||
PORTLAND, Ore., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- OIA Global, a leading worldwide transportation, supply chain management and packaging solutions provider, announced today that it has acquired International Transport Services (ITS), a Cleveland-based provider of global transportation, and warehousing and distribution services.
"This acquisition is a strategic, operational and cultural fit for our company," said Charlie Hornecker, CEO of OIA Global. "ITS's commitment to its customers mirrors the same high level of professionalism and client service we strive to achieve and we're excited that all ITS employees will be joining OIA as a result of the acquisition."
OIA's acquisition of ITS will also reinforce the company's organic and acquisition growth strategy, by expanding its footprint in the Ohio region, specifically the Cleveland, Akron and Toledo areas, and allow for enhanced opportunities for import and export forwarding services, and warehousing and distribution services for its customers. Overall, the acquisition broadens OIA's network of owned offices from six to seven in the United States, and to 28 worldwide.
"Our customers will also benefit greatly from the acquisition," said Larry Yankow, President of International Transport Services. "They will have direct access to OIA's well established global network and its growing suite of transportation, warehousing, distribution and global packaging solutions. We are also very happy to be part of the OIA Global family, as there's a great cultural fit between our companies."
Since 1988, OIA Global has evolved from a pioneering freight forwarder into a full-service international logistics, transportation and packaging solutions company, offering reliable international air, ground, and ocean freight forwarding with complete round-the-clock visibility.
"We will continue to look for these types of acquisitions in the future," said Hornecker, "provided they are strategic to our business, help grow our brand, expand our global network while benefiting both companies and customers alike."
About OIA Global
Since its founding in 1988, OIA has grown to become a leading third party logistics provider delivering clients a unique combination of global logistics and creative packaging solutions. With a dedicated staff of over 400 professionals and an extensive worldwide presence in over 75 countries, OIA designs innovative solutions that can optimize supply chains around the world. For more information please visit www.oiaglobal.com. OIA is a part of LDI Ltd., a closely-held investment/operating company based in Indianapolis, Indiana. Originally founded in 1912 to manufacture corrugated cardboard, LDI has since acquired and developed interests in distribution and logistics business. For more information, please visit www.ldiltd.com.
OIA Global Contact
Dante Fornari, Vice President Global Sales
SOURCE OIA Global
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London