|By Maureen O'Gara||
|November 14, 2012 10:00 AM EST||
MapR Technologies and Hadapt have cut a partnership so joint customers can combine the MapR Distribution for Hadoop with Hadapt's Interactive Query capabilities to analyze all types of data - structured, semi-structured and unstructured - in a single enterprise platform without connectors, complexities or rigid structure.
Hadapt is the only data analytics platform natively integrating SQL with Apache Hadoop.
Hadapt marketing VP Scott Howser said, "We have already brought interactive applications on Hadoop to market and now, through this partnership with MapR, we are providing customers additional ease-of-use, performance and reliability advantages."
The combined solution is supposed to alleviate the barriers to entry in the traditional enterprise environment with features like no single point-of-failure and disaster recovery. With flexibility in deployment methodologies, enterprises should be able to accelerate Hadoop deployments into production.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London