|By Marketwired .||
|November 13, 2012 03:43 PM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 11/13/12 -- Palo Alto Networks Ignite Conference -- Bradford Networks, the best choice to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices, and Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW), the network security company, today announced a technology partnership to deliver an integrated bring-your-own-device (BYOD) security solution. Through this integration, Palo Alto Networks and Bradford Networks extend application, content, and user-based firewall policies to personally-owned mobile devices, thereby enabling companies to ensure full network visibility and control over all devices on their networks.
"BYOD can be a double-edged sword for many organizations. Companies would like to embrace BYOD to reduce costs and improve productivity, but unchecked, it can create major network security headaches," said Chad Kinzelberg, vice president of Business and Corporate Development for Palo Alto Networks. "Our partnership with Bradford Networks will help enterprises gain greater visibility and awareness of every device that connects to their network -- both corporate and personally owned -- and allow enterprises to apply the appropriate firewall policy to each device based on the specific user's profile, which is critical to adopting a secure BYOD strategy."
Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall enforces network policy through the business-relevant elements of application (App-ID), user (User-ID) and content (Content-ID). Through the integration with Palo Alto Networks, Bradford Networks identifies all devices on the network, regardless of corporate or personal ownership, and sends their username and IP address information to the next-generation firewall which then applies the appropriate application, content, and user-based firewall policy to the personally-owned mobile device. This integration extends User-ID to cover BYOD use-case scenarios where personally owned devices may not be a part of the corporate domain.
The integrated Bradford Networks and Palo Alto Networks solution provides full visibility and control over every user and device accessing the network thereby enabling companies to proactively address the evolving security needs of BYOD. Key benefits and features of the integrated solution include:
- Full Automation to Reduce IT Management Overhead - Automatically discovers all mobile devices on the network and automatically provisions network access and firewall policies based on the user's and device type;
- Dynamic Mobility Risk Assessment - Proactively detects suspicious network traffic, events and anomalies and allows only trusted mobile devices to access network resources;
- Advanced Network Forensics - delivers full visibility into all the wired and wireless devices connecting and disconnecting from a network, and can immediately identify and locate a suspicious device;
- Auto-Remediation for Non-Compliant Devices - automatically removes or isolates non-compliant or infected devices from the network based on risk tolerance policies;
- Secure and Automated Onboarding - users have secure access to the network resources they need on corporate-issued and personally-owned devices.
"The number and types of devices that employees now want to use at work to boost productivity creates real security challenges for IT," said Vincent Ma, vice president of business development, Bradford Networks. "The partnership with Palo Alto Networks allows our joint customers to understand exactly who is accessing their network, and what device they're using, while ensuring that each specific device and user has the proper firewall policies applied to them based on their user credentials. This is a critical step forward in ensuring our customers can enable BYOD in a secure manner."
Bradford Networks is a sponsor of the Palo Alto Networks Ignite Conference, which takes place November 12-14, 2012, in Las Vegas, NV. Partners attending the conference can visit Bradford Networks' booth to learn more about the Bradford Networks and Palo Alto Networks integrated BYOD solution.
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is the network security company. Its innovative platform allows enterprises, service providers, and government entities to secure their networks and safely enable the increasingly complex and rapidly growing number of applications running on their networks. The core of Palo Alto Networks' platform is its Next-Generation Firewall, which delivers application, user, and content visibility and control integrated within the firewall through its proprietary hardware and software architecture. Palo Alto Networks' products and services can address a broad range of network security requirements, from the data center to the network perimeter, as well as the distributed enterprise, which includes branch offices and a growing number of mobile devices. Palo Alto Networks' products are used by more than 9,000 customers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.paloaltonetworks.com.
Palo Alto Networks, "The Network Security Company," the Palo Alto Networks Logo, App-ID, GlobalProtect, and WildFire are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
About Bradford Networks
Bradford Networks offers the best solution to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices. The company's flexible Network Sentry solution is the first network security offering that can automatically identify and profile all devices and all users on a network, providing complete visibility and control. Unlike vendor-specific network security products, Network Sentry provides a view across all brands of network equipment and connecting devices eliminating the network blind spots that can introduce risk. Network Sentry is now used by more than 800 enterprise customers worldwide in markets such as healthcare, financial services, retail, government, education and more. For more information, please visit www.bradfordnetworks.com.
Network Sentry is a trademark of Bradford Networks, Inc. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
email: Email Contact
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher