|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 01:12 PM EST||
GLENCOE, Minn., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Twin Cities & Western Railroad Company has appointed David Long vice president marketing and sales, effective November 19, with responsibility for TC&W's sales, marketing, customer service and economic development activities. He is based at Glencoe, Minn., headquarters of the regional railroad, which operates 229 route miles of track.
Mr. Long has more than 30 years of railroad experience and rejoins the TC&W from the Indiana Rail Road, Indianapolis, where had been assistant vice president and vice president, marketing and sales since 2003. He previously was general manager marketing and vice president marketing and sales for the TC&W from 1992 until 1998.
In addition to marketing and sales, his experience includes transloading, third party switching, equipment management and quality control.
Mr. Long began his railroad career in 1980 with the Chicago & North Western, where he held posts in equipment management, quality control, grain and energy marketing. In 1986, he joined the Soo Line (now Canadian Pacific) as manager coal marketing and director energy and raw materials.
A native of Lexington, Nebraska, he holds a B.S. in business administration and an MBA from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln.
The Twin Cities & Western Railroad Company began operations in 1991 between St. Paul-Minneapolis, Minn. and Milbank, S.D. Its Minnesota Prairie Line subsidiary operates 94 miles of line between Norwood and Hanley Falls, Minn. In July 2012, TC&W acquired the Sisseton-Milbank Railroad, operating 37 miles of line between its namesake cities in South Dakota.
SOURCE Twin Cities & Western Railroad Company
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?