|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 11:41 AM EST||
RICHMOND, Va., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- McGuireWoods LLP today announced that the firm has been named one of the 2012 "50 Best Law Firms for Women" by Working Mother and Flex-Time Lawyers. This is the fifth time McGuireWoods has been named in the survey, now in its sixth year.
The award recognizes law firms with family-friendly policies and business development initiatives that retain and advance women into the leadership pipeline. The results are based on multiple criteria, including policies regarding maternity leave, compensation, reduced-hour and flex-time policies and multiple career track opportunities.
"We work very hard to create policies and programs that help our lawyers maintain work-life balance while excelling in their careers," said Tom Cabaniss, managing partner of McGuireWoods. "We are honored that the firm's commitment to supporting women in the legal profession has again been recognized."
Joy Fuhr, national chairwoman of the firm's Women Lawyers Network, added, "While we are very proud of the recognition we have received from Working Mother magazine, we are not resting on our laurels. We continue to strive to develop new programs to retain and promote our women lawyers."
Flex-Time Lawyers LLC is an international consulting firm that provides speaking services at law firms, in-house legal departments, professional service firms, corporations, nonprofits, bar associations, law schools, national conferences, events and retreats on work-life balance, retaining and promoting women and new models of legal practice. For more information, visit http://www.flextimelawyers.com.
Working Mother Media, a division of Bonnier Corporation, publishes Working Mother magazine and its companion website, workingmother.com, and the Working Mother Research Institute. The National Association for Female Executives and Diversity Best Practices are also units within WMM.
McGuireWoods LLP is a full-service law firm with 900 lawyers in 19 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.mcguirewoods.com.
SOURCE McGuireWoods LLP
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher