|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 10:41 AM EST||
SANTA ROSA, Calif., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As facts go, we're used to extraordinary numbers in the tech world, yet certain realities continue to astonish: each day on the planet, more iPhones are sold than babies are born. Access to information is constantly at our fingertips, keeping us connected virtually at all times; but moments when we are face-to-face merit attention as well. Kendall-Jackson, a family-owned winery that handcrafts high-quality wines, is changing the way wine can be part of those everyday occasions with family and friends. Introducing "Goes Well With Friends," your official permission to enjoy wine however, whenever and with whomever you choose. Instead of only pairing wine with food, Kendall-Jackson invites you to pair wine selections with your experiences and mood, such as a night out with friends, a quiet dinner for two or a family gathering.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click:
For those fatigued by the usual "sip & swirl" jargon, Kendall-Jackson showcases a new approach to the shared language of wine — one that considers visuals, occasions and senses to be as important as words. The winery has spent years researching, discussing and tasting to rethink winespeak; from this research comes the all-new K-J Recommends mobile wine app, a free app that pairs wine in an innovative way, through alternative cues, such as color and flavor, while also considering one's mood, interests and social situations. Through this social platform, Kendall-Jackson is bringing wine to a new audience.
"Wine is a social seal," said Caroline Shaw, Executive Vice President and Chief Communications & Marketing Officer for Kendall-Jackson. "It brings us together and is best enjoyed with those you care about. The K-J Recommends mobile wine app is all about encouraging wine fans to join the conversation, making wine approachable in an easy and fun way – all while learning something new."
The first version of K-J Recommends combines three main features:
- Get Suggestions - Kendall-Jackson's team of experts, including the winery's winemaster, executive chef, a Jackson family member, and K-J's wine educator, will help you choose the best wine for any occasion with K-J's recommendation feature. You can also scan your Facebook profile to find the perfect wine that pairs with you, or connect with the K-J Facebook community for real reviews of K-J's wine portfolio.
- Visit K-J - Make your way to the winery! Join the K-J family at the Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate in Santa Rosa, CA or their Healdsburg, CA tasting room, and connect with K-J online through their social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram.
- Food & Wine Pairings – Pair wine with your senses. Try K-J's revolutionary color pairing approach, which pairs wine based on garden-grown foods instead of the typical meal base: protein. Or, use your sense of taste and smell to choose your favorite flavors, and K-J will explain the wines that best showcase those characteristics.
Complementing the K-J Recommends mobile wine app, Kendall-Jackson has also launched an in-depth look at the language and experience of wine and wine pairing via the new K-J Sensory Tour on KJ.com. The tour allows you to experience wine in a new, visual way, from discovering a wine's shape on your palate to understanding the colors and flavors of fruits and vegetables that correspond with a wine's characteristics. This helps distinguish each wine and what makes it unique – delivering a "backstage pass" to the tasting experience.
"Historically, food and wine circles have focused on the protein, fish or meat, when matching cuisine to wine," said Gilian Handelman, Director of Education for Kendall-Jackson. "However, the herbs, fruits and vegetables in a dish are often the most important elements in its flavor, and we've seen that most of these can be paired by simply matching colors. For instance, a salmon dish with green beans and fresh green herbs is better with wines that have a 'greenish' tone, such as Sauvignon Blanc, while that same salmon base with a cherry compote is a better match for a red wine, such as Pinot Noir."
The app and online Sensory Tour are both part of Kendall-Jackson's new "Goes Well With Friends" campaign appearing nationally, designed to make great wine more accessible while giving everyone the chance to learn more about the shared language, and social experience, of enjoying wine. To download the free K-J Recommends mobile wine app, visit iTunes, Google Play or KJ.com.
About Kendall-Jackson Winery
Kendall-Jackson is one of America's most beloved family-owned and operated wineries. Founded by the late entrepreneur and visionary Jess Jackson and his wife Barbara Banke, Kendall-Jackson is based in Sonoma County and offers a range of acclaimed wines grown in the family's estate vineyards along the coastal ridges of California. A leader in sustainable vineyard and winery practices, including solar cogeneration, water conservation and natural pest control, 100% of Kendall-Jackson's vineyards in California are SIP (Sustainability in Practice) Certified and CCSW (Certified California Sustainable Winegrowing) recognized. Learn more online at KJ.com, and connect with K-J on Facebook and Twitter.
© 2012. Kendall-Jackson Santa Rosa, CA. All Rights Reserved
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks