|By Elizabeth White||
|November 13, 2012 10:08 AM EST||
Since opening its doors in Europe a year ago, thousands of companies across the continent are relying on SoftLayer Technologies, a provider of global cloud computing infrastructure, to achieve the scalability, performance and time-to-market they require to succeed and stay ahead of the competition. Companies such as Binweevils, Boxed Ice, Crazymist, Exit Games, Ganymede, Hotwire Financial, Mangrove, Multiplay (UK) Ltd, Peak Games, Struq and Zamzar are just a few examples of organizations that SoftLayer is now supporting. These companies need best in class cloud infrastructure to build and scale the next killer application or game.
"We've chosen Softlayer because of their global network platform and the ability to support hybrid cloud environments (both virtual and physical servers)," says Robert Leefmans, Mangrove's Owner and Operations Director. "As an interactive agency, specializing in creating world class websites, innovative mobile apps and enticing social media campaigns, we rely on our architecture's performance to compete. Moving our servers to the cloud makes our platform sustainable and capable of handling future growth."
SoftLayer opened its new European headquarters and data center in Amsterdam, along with network locations in London and Frankfurt in November 2011.
Since the opening the facility in Amsterdam has been fully staffed while ratcheting up support in local startup communities through the company's Catalyst program, and promoting SoftLayer's global IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service) brand on the tradeshow circuit. Currently, the Catalyst program is working with leading European startups such as Medtep, Socialance and PeerReach, to name a few.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks