|By Business Wire||
|November 13, 2012 09:29 AM EST||
ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, today announced the availability of its Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software for cost-conscious SMBs and enterprises, EventLog Analyzer. Previously dedicated to log analytics and compliance reporting duties, the latest version of EventLog Analyzer enters the SIEM arena with the addition of IT data indexing, universal log parsing and universal log search capabilities as well as a streamlined user interface.
Recent security breaches at Yahoo!, LinkedIn, eHarmony and others highlight the need for companies to protect themselves against criminal hacks. Meanwhile, regulatory mandates demand more companies to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and other compliance acts. SIEM is becoming a key technology to help companies of all sizes thwart increasingly-sophisticated cyber attacks as well as comply with internal and third-party regulations.
“For IT departments, SIEM offers a way to swiftly discover security threats and compliance violations and inform immediate, remediating action,” said Chenthil Kumaran, product manager, ManageEngine. “However, SIEM has traditionally been priced out of reach for the value-seeking SMBs and enterprises. Those that could afford it were often overwhelmed by complex solutions that were difficult to implement and operate. EventLog Analyzer brings SIEM to the masses, with potent features in an affordable solution that’s easy to deploy and use.”
EventLog Analyzer: SIEM for the Masses
The revamped EventLog Analyzer provides the industry’s most cost-effective IT SIEM solution, meeting all critical SIEM capabilities — log management, compliance reporting, user and application monitoring, and simple deployment and support. With EventLog Analyzer in place, organizations can automate the entire process of managing terabytes of machine-generated logs by collecting, analyzing, reporting, archiving and searching from one central location.
The latest version of EventLog Analyzer introduces advanced functionality that facilitates effortless and effective network log forensics and SIEM, with features such as:
- Streamlined user interface: The sleek, new user interface offers improved flexibility and functionality. Support for customizable dashboard views and the enhanced user experience provide better visibility into network user activities, policy violations, network anomalies, system downtime, and network threats.
- Universal Log Parsing and Indexing (ULPI): EventLog Analyzer can now receive ANY human-readable log and break it down into meaningful field-value pairs to enhance indexing and searching capabilities. [Feature video: http://ow.ly/f7c6l]
- Enhanced IT search: Users can search any kind of log formats with the flexibility to construct custom search expressions to perform wild-card search, phrase search, Boolean search, grouped search and range search. [Feature video: http://ow.ly/f7ceR]
- Log field extraction: Provides an interactive regular expression (regex) syntax builder for extracting one or more raw log fields, which further adds intelligence to the universal log parser. [Feature video: http://ow.ly/f7c6l]
The new features above complement long-standing EventLog Analyzer highlights such as its web-based user interface, agentless architecture (with optional agents), support for all log types, ability to import log data, and a wide variety of reporting options including compliance reports and customizable reports.
“EventLog Analyzer helps us mitigate threats, conduct log forensic analysis, monitor server usage and meet regulatory compliance requirements,” said Dimitri Yioulos, chief information officer, Onpoint Financial Corporation. “Beyond the security and compliance advantages, EventLog Analyzer plays an important role in optimizing network uptime. Finding the root cause of network problems can be like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack. EventLog Analyzer is a very useful tool, providing a simple, powerful log parser to greatly accelerate and simplify that root-cause analysis.”
Pricing and Availability
EventLog Analyzer 8.0 is available immediately. EventLog Analyzer starts at $395 for 10 hosts and is available for download at http://ow.ly/d57gb. A fully functional, 30-day trial version is also available for download.
For more information on ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/products/eventlog. Follow the product blog at http://blogs.eventloganalyzer.com, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/LogAnalyzer and on Twitter at @LogGuru.
Related EventLog Analyzer Resources
- Overview Video: http://ow.ly/eXHKo
- Support and User Forums: http://ow.ly/d5stl
- User Guide: http://ow.ly/d6Yt5
- Customers: http://ow.ly/d5sjR
- Other EventLog Analyzer resources: http://ow.ly/d5sJS
Related ManageEngine News
- ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer Receives Fourth Consecutive WindowSecurity.com Readers’ Choice Award; http://ow.ly/ajMAq
- ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer Leads TRC Companies, Inc. to SOX Compliance; http://ow.ly/9KyhC
About ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer
EventLog Analyzer is a web-based, real-time, log monitoring and compliance management solution for Security Information Event Management (SIEM) that improves internal network security and helps you to comply with the latest IT audit requirement. For more information on ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer, please visit www.manageengine.com/products/eventlog/.
ManageEngine delivers the real-time IT management tools that empower an IT team to meet an organization’s need for real-time services and support. Worldwide, more than 65,000 established and emerging enterprises — including more than 60 percent of the Fortune 500 — rely on ManageEngine products to ensure the optimal performance of their critical IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, applications, desktops and more. ManageEngine is a division of Zoho Corp. with offices worldwide, including the United States, United Kingdom, India, Japan and China. For more information, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.
ManageEngine is a trademark of Zoho Corp. All other brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Tags: ManageEngine, real-time IT, Zoho, EventLog Analyzer, log analysis, SIEM, compliance reporting, SOX, PCI DSS, HIPAA, FISMA, GLBA, log forensics, event log, Syslog, log management, threat management, IT audit, log archives, regulatory compliance, IT management, IT manager, workflow automation, virtualization, cloud, desktop management, network management, server management
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks