|By Business Wire||
|November 13, 2012 09:09 AM EST||
AppSense, the leader in people-centric computing, today announced updates to its enterprise mobility solution DataNow Essentials and introduced an enhanced DataNow app to give consumers a single way to both access and aggregate on-premise corporate data and personal data stored in popular cloud storage solutions. DataNow provides organizations and consumers with secure, anywhere data access which enables greater user productivity, while mitigating privacy and security concerns.
DataNow, which continues to be offered as part of the AppSense User Virtualization Platform, can now be purchased separately on a per-user basis to enable anywhere data access from PCs, Macs, tablets, and smartphones using an organization’s existing IT infrastructure. DataNow Essentials supports mobility within the enterprise by enabling organizations to provide greater flexibility to employees seeking mobile productivity across both corporate and personal devices. Key advantages of DataNow Essentials include:
- Enterprise-class security and policy applied to corporate and user data
- Simple integration with on-premise storage
- No migration of data required
- No disruption to business process or data access approaches
- Storage agnostic approach allows for future flexibility
DataNow Essentials makes it easy for IT departments and end-users to embrace new mobile computing approaches without compromising security or compliance. To learn more about DataNow Essentials visit Go.Appsense.com.
“As organizations are forced to address the growing multiple device and BYOD trend, DataNow now solves this problem from the perspective of both the organization and end user,” said David Roussain, Vice President of Product Marketing at AppSense. “With DataNow Essentials, organizations are able to provide end users with secure, enterprise mobility with the proper IT permissions in place. The enhanced DataNow app provides consumers, for the first time, access to all of their business and personal data from a single secure application regardless of where the data is stored, which leads to greater productivity without sacrificing control or security with cloud storage connectors.”
An updated version of the free DataNow app is available for both the iPhone and iPad. Along with a connector to the DataNow broker for enterprise data, the app now includes connectors to Dropbox, Microsoft SkyDrive, Google Drive and Citrix ShareFile among others. The DataNow app provides users with:
- One-stop app for both corporate data and personal data stored in cloud services
- On-the-fly file encryption / decryption for added data security
- Simple, touch-based interface for sharing files by e-mail or transferring files between cloud providers
- Mobile access to traditional storage servers using FTP or WebDAV
- In-app access to local camera roll for convenient photo uploading to cloud storage or corporate servers
To download the DataNow App and learn more about DataNow Essentials, please visit http://www.appsense.com/datanow.
For the latest news and information follow AppSense on the web at:
AppSense, a people-centric computing company, is a leading global software provider of user virtualization solutions that transform organizations into productive mobile workforces securely governed by IT. AppSense works with customers to reduce IT complexity and enable enterprise consumerization with independent management of the user experience across enterprise desktops and all mobile devices. User virtualization improves the deployment, management and migration of multi-platform desktop and mobile environments. The company is headquartered in United Kingdom with offices around the world. For more information visit www.appsense.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher