|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 08:31 AM EST||
Offers More than 20 Ready-to-Use Services Spanning Infrastructure, Hosting, Information and Social Collaboration
ENTERPRISE WORLD, ORLANDO, FL, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - During his opening keynote this week at the company's annual customer conference, Mark J. Barrenechea, President and CEO of OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC) will unveil the industry's first cloud designed specifically to address Enterprise Information Management (EIM). OpenText Cloud aims to provide all OpenText software as cloud based offerings, in addition to the existing on-premises products. Today, OpenText Cloud provides customers with anytime, anywhere access to OpenText's EIM solution portfolio in the cloud, including more than 20 ready-to-use applications and services.
Unlike most cloud vendors who focus primarily on providing infrastructure and applications in the cloud, OpenText provides a complete stack that includes the specific knowledge and contextual support for deployment and maintenance, management, monitoring, security, optimization, upgrade and application management, including service-level agreement on application availability.
"The OpenText Could is purpose-built for EIM," said OpenText CEO Mark J. Barrenechea. "Over the next two years, all OpenText software will be available both on-premises and in our Cloud. With over two million end users and 21,000 customers already in our cloud, we are making great progress."
Today, users around the world rely on OpenText Cloud to conduct billions of transactions per year. OpenText Cloud, the only purpose-built cloud environment for EIM that delivers EIM-specific services and applications, consists of the following four key areas:
- Infrastructure Services OpenText Infrastructure Services provide the infrastructure that runs the OpenText Cloud with its 10 data centers around the world and the core infrastructure technologies such as storage, networking, security, backup, high availability, virtualization, monitoring, and the elastic computing power. The data center locations include: Ashburn (VA), Austin (TX), Frankfurt, Hong-Kong, Paris, Slough (UK), Sydney, Tinton Falls (NJ), Tokyo, and Toronto.
- Hosting Services OpenText Hosting Services are comprised of global data centers that that provide fully managed, end-to-end IT services, from deployment to disaster recovery. Using these services, organizations can reduce their IT infrastructure costs and expedite their time to market by deploying features and capabilities more quickly. Backed by world-class service levels, OpenText hosting services remove the burden from IT, freeing up valuable resources to focus on more strategic projects. Current hosted offerings include: Tempo Social, Tempo Box, Content Server, Records Management, Content Lifecycle Management (CLM), Business Process Management (BPM), Web Content Management (WCM) and Digital Asset Management (DAM).
- Information Services OpenText Information Services are providing any-to-any information exchange across people, processes and trading partners with seamless business process integration across our global infrastructure for any data format: structured (such as SMS, EDI, telex) and unstructured (via fax, and document capture). The OpenText Cloud Information Services are secure, reliable and scalable. Current services include: fax, message archive, EDI VAN, capture and recognition, notifications and telex.
- Social Collaboration Services OpenText Social Collaboration Services provide a pervasive layer of collaboration, social marketing, synching, and sharing capabilities across all applications delivered through the OpenText Cloud. OpenText Cloud Social Collaboration Services are built on top of the security and compliance platform provided by the OpenText Cloud. OpenText Tempo Social and Tempo Box represent OpenText's newest Social Collaboration Services offerings in the cloud.
This comprehensive set of EIM services offered by OpenText Cloud combines the economic benefits of a cloud deployment (lower overhead, no infrastructure or maintenance costs), with enterprise-grade security, compliance, social collaboration services and a wealth of complementary capabilities that help customers unleash the power of information.
OpenText Cloud is available today. For further information on OpenText Cloud, please visit: http://www.opentext.com/cloud.
OpenText Cloud will be highlighted November 11-16 at Enterprise World 2012, in Orlando, Florida. For updates on all the news and happenings from Enterprise World, please follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OpenTextEnterpriseWorld and on Twitter using the hashtag #OTEW2012.
OpenText provides Enterprise Information Management software that enables companies of all sizes and industries to manage, secure and leverage their unstructured business information, either in their data center or in the cloud. Over 50,000 companies already use OpenText solutions to unleash the power of their information. To learn more about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX; TSX: OTC), please visit: www.opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright © 2012 by Open Text Corporation. OpenText, OpenText EIM, OpenText InfoFusion are trademarks or registered trademarks of Open Text Corporation in the United States of America, Canada, the European Union and/or other countries. This list of trademarks is not exhaustive. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text Corporation or other respective owners.
SOURCE Open Text Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher