|By Marketwired .||
|November 13, 2012 08:30 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/13/12 -- Virtual Instruments, the leader in Infrastructure Performance Management (IPM) for physical, virtual and cloud computing environments, today announced that its VirtualWisdom platform has been certified on VCE Vblock Systems as "VCE Vblock Ready."
The VirtualWisdom platform provides real-time, system-wide visibility into the performance, utilization and health of Vblock systems as well as broader physical, virtual and private cloud computing environments. Vblock systems integrate leading Cisco networking and server, EMC storage and VMware cloud infrastructure technologies into a single intelligent converged infrastructure system with seamless support. This certification provides customers with the assurance that the Virtual Instruments VirtualWisdom platform will interoperate with Vblock systems.
VirtualWisdom enhances Vblock environments with end-to-end real-time monitoring, ensuring the performance and availability of the infrastructure that supports customers' mission-critical applications. Using VirtualWisdom to optimize the infrastructure, customers can realize the full economic benefits of networked storage and server virtualization and confidently migrate their mission-critical applications.
"Customers are increasingly relying on converged compute and storage infrastructure environments, like Vblock, to ensure a more agile IT environment that can respond more quickly to changing business priorities," said Todd Osborne, senior director, Global Partner Sales & Alliances, Virtual Instruments. "To effectively respond to changing and unpredictable workloads, as well as variations in demand, organizations require real-time visibility throughout the infrastructure. VirtualWisdom provides Vblock systems customers with continuous real-time monitoring that measures actual I/O traffic data, significantly enhancing visibility into end-to-end converged infrastructure performance."
VirtualWisdom can help customers increase the benefits of Vblock systems by:
- Reducing the risk of virtualizing more mission-critical applications and deploying more virtual machines (VMs) per physical server;
- Enabling more aggressive use of tiered storage by proving performance SLAs;
- Driving operational (OpEx) savings through increased operational efficiency and faster troubleshooting; and
- Enabling capital expenditure (CapEx) savings by reducing over-provisioning and enabling effective storage tiering.
The certification was conducted by SupernaTM, which has been authorized by VCE to provide Vblock system certifications to VCE Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program members. This certification enables mutual channel partners and customers to accelerate adoption of Vblock systems by leveraging Virtual Instruments' VirtualWisdom platform to ensure the performance and availability of mission-critical applications.
About Virtual Instruments
Virtual Instruments is a leader in Infrastructure Performance Management for physical, virtual and cloud computing environments. The award-winning VirtualWisdom® platform provides visibility into real-time performance and health of the entire open systems stack along with metrics that assess utilization. Virtual Instruments improves the performance and availability of mission-critical applications while lowering the cost of the supporting infrastructure. Forbes Magazine recognized the company as #6 on its 2011 list of America's Most Promising Companies. The company was founded in June 2008 via a spin-out from Finisar Corp.; it has headquarters in San Jose, Calif., and can be found online at http://www.virtualinstruments.com.
VCE and Vblock are registered trademarks or trademarks of VCE Company LLC or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Superna is a registered trademark of Superna LLC or its affiliates in Canada and/or other countries.
Voce Communications on behalf of Virtual Instruments
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks