|By Business Wire||
|November 13, 2012 08:09 AM EST||
SharePoint Conference 2012 – Qumu, www.qumu.com, the leading business video platform provider and a Rimage company (NASDAQ: RIMG), amidst the buzz about the new SharePoint 2013 release this month, today announced the results of their SharePoint User Survey, conducted online by uSamp in October. The survey, which was aimed at revealing the expectations and current trends among Microsoft SharePoint users, found that users are increasingly asking for greater support of video within the environment (94%), including:
- Better video upload support – 58%
- Support for live streaming – 53%
- Fully featured support for categorizing and managing videos – 37%
- Video collaboration software – 29%
- Video linkage to related documents within SharePoint – 29%
In particular, live video meeting capabilities were cited as having an impact on employee attendance at video meetings such as CEO All-Hands sessions. Fully 82% said that at least some additional employees would be able to attend live video meetings if they were available from within SharePoint, and 35% report that many more employees would be able to attend.
Nearly everyone (98%) said that a “YouTube-like” experience within SharePoint would be beneficial, with the top benefits listed as:
- Increased access to training videos – 63%
- Improved organization and search of videos – 50%
- Better employee collaboration – 47%
- Increased access to expert knowledge – 45%
- Giving employees a “voice” to share ideas – 42%
When asked about the experience of uploading videos into SharePoint, 92% say they have tried to do so and 72% report that they have encountered some issues, including the top issue which was reported as slow upload times (45%).
Among the SharePoint users who say that services have been slowed down while uploading videos, 92% say their own job performance has suffered, including 74% who say their productivity is at least somewhat impacted, 22% who say it is severely impacted and a slim 5% who even say that all productivity stops.
“These results demonstrate the increasing demand for video collaboration in SharePoint,” said Ray Hood, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Qumu. “Frankly it’s no surprise to us, as a large percentage of our customer base uses our video solution for SharePoint. We see it as the best way to dramatically improve employee collaboration in SharePoint.”
The survey results come alongside the release of Qumu’s SharePoint Video Content Management Solution Update, announced from the show floor at SharePoint Conference 2012 in Las Vegas, NV. To learn more, you can download the associated Whitepaper. SharePoint Conference 2012 is the most comprehensive event in the world dedicated to SharePoint and related technologies.
Qumu, Inc., a Rimage company based in San Bruno, California, is the leading business video platform provider, empowering organizations to better engage and inspire employees, improve productivity and reduce costs. Video is pervasive – it appears in all business applications and is consumed on all devices. The largest Global 1000 companies depend on Qumu’s video platform to capture, manage and distribute live and on-demand content with total reliability and security. Regardless of audience size, viewer device, or network configuration, Qumu simply makes video work. Only Qumu delivers the Freedom to work with existing infrastructure; the Power to reach everyone; and the Control to do it right. Additional information can be found at www.qumu.com.
About Rimage Corporation
Founded in 1978, Rimage Corporation (NASDAQ: RIMG) helps businesses deliver digital content directly and securely to their customers, employees, and partners. Rimage’s Qumu business is a leader in the rapidly growing enterprise video communications market. Rimage’s Signal online publishing platform automatically pushes secure mobile content to nearly any mobile device or computer. Qumu and Signal, in combination with Rimage’s world-class CD, DVD and Blu-ray-Disc™ publishing solutions, enable businesses to securely deliver their videos, documents, audio files and images in today’s multi-platform, multi-device world. Rimage supplies thousands of customers in North America, Europe and Asia with industry-leading solutions that increase engagement, collaboration and control. Additional information can be found at www.rimagecorp.com.
The survey was conducted by uSamp (uSamp.com), the Answer Network, a premier provider of technology and survey respondents used to obtain consumer and business insights. The survey was conducted online from October 15-16, 2012 on behalf of Qumu and asked 500 U.S. respondents who currently use or have used Microsoft SharePoint to provide insight, preferences and feedback on the subject of Microsoft SharePoint usage.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London