|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 06:39 AM EST||
OXFORD, England and MUNICH, November 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Vast scope of ST product range substantially increases semiconductor options for RS customers worldwide
RS Components (RS), the trading brand of Electrocomponents plc (LSE:ECM), the world's leading high-service distributor of electronics and maintenance products, has announced a global franchise agreement with STMicroelectronics, a semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications.
With immediate effect, RS will represent ST as an authorised reseller, stocking a broad array of products from the top-tier semiconductor company in its 17 warehouses across Europe, Asia and North America. ST's extensive portfolio includes analogue components, microcontrollers, MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical Systems) sensors such as accelerometers and gyroscopes, and power discretes.
"This agreement with ST has a positive impact for our customers around the world who now have access to a myriad world-class semiconductor solutions direct from our local warehouses," said Chris Page, Global Offer Director, Electrocomponents. "The extent of product choice is important, but with design engineers facing increasingly tough deadlines our free online design tools are a valuable resource to help them reduce the time spent sourcing the best products for their designs."
About RS Components
RS Components and Allied Electronics are the trading brands of Electrocomponents plc, the world's leading high-service distributor of electronics and maintenance products. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 550,000 products through the Internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping more than 44,000 parcels a day. Our products, sourced from 2,500 leading suppliers, include electronics, automation and control, test and measurement, electrical and mechanical components.
Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange and in the last financial year ended 31 March 2012 had revenues of £1.27bn.
For more information, please visit the website at http://www.rs-components.com.
Further information is available via these links:
Twitter: @RSElectronics; @alliedelec; @designsparkRS
RS Components on LinkedIn
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks