|By Business Wire||
|November 13, 2012 06:36 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c3xddw/switzerland) has announced the addition of the "Switzerland - Broadband Market Insights, Statistics and Forecasts" report to their offering.
Switzerland has one of Europe's highest internet and broadband penetration rates in Europe, benefitting from excellent and effectively competitive cable and DSL platforms. DSL has overtaken cable as is the principal access technology, and the market is dominated by Swisscom's retail offerings. UPC also offers cable broadband in most cities and towns, and its extension of 100Mb/s services since 2010 has spurred Swisscom to intensify its VDSL network rollout as well as invest more fulsomely in its national fibre network in a bid to remain competitive. To this end, Swisscom has set aside for fibre networks a significant proportion of its planned CHF8 billion infrastructure investment to 2015. Much of this has been facilitated by cooperative deals struck with regional utility companies.
In this report the author presents an analysis of Switzerland's broadband market. The report profiles the main players in the DSL, cable, fibre and wireless sectors, detailing technological developments for the provision of triple-play services and providing broadband forecasts to 2020. The author also examines regulatory issues surrounding municipal fibre, legislation providing for local loop unbundling, and the provision of broadband as a universal service.
- Regulator's measures eliminate FttH network duplication
- regulator increases minimum internet speed on Swisscom's USO
- Swisscom signs its twelfth FttH network construction sharing contract, minimum broadband speeds and maximum retail prices amended
- plans for one million households to be connected to FttH by 2015
- Laussane to be connected with FttH by 2017
- minimum broadband connection upgraded to 1Mb/s
- regulator's 2011 market report
- telcos' operating and financial data to June 2012
- market developments to late 2012.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c3xddw/switzerland
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher