|By Marketwire .||
|November 13, 2012 05:01 AM EST||
SARASOTA, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 11/13/12 -- Dr. Jeff Scott and Dr. John Leikensohn offer two types of breast implants at their Sarasota plastic surgery practice. They feel the decision between silicone or saline implants is an individual choice for each patient, depending on her goals and personal circumstances. At The Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Scott and Dr. Leikensohn educate their patients on the distinct advantages of each type of implant so women considering breast augmentation can make an informed decision that best aligns with their goals.
While the current generation of saline and silicone implants are both equally safe, each possess different characteristics:
- Silicone Implants: These implants are filled with a soft, cohesive gel that provide a more natural feel than saline implants. While the decision on which type of implant is ultimately up to the patient, Dr. Scott and Dr. Leikensohn do recommend silicone implants for women with smaller natural breast sizes. These patients will have less of their own tissue covering the implant, so the softer, more natural feel of silicone is more important than for patients who begin with a larger breast size and have more natural tissue available.
- Saline Implants: These implants are filled with a soft water solution and are a less expensive alternative to silicone implants. Additionally, in the rare instance of an implant rupture, the saline is naturally absorbed by the body and these ruptures are easier to detect than their silicone counterparts.
Dr. Scott and Dr. Leikensohn would also like to educate their patients on the longevity of implants after breast augmentation surgery. Breast implants -- both saline and silicone -- only need replacement if some type of complication arises. There is false information circulating among prospective patients suggesting that implants should be replaced every ten years. Dr. Scott and Dr. Leikensohn, each a Sarasota plastic surgeon, believe patient education about breast augmentation is essential to a successful surgery and achieving results that meet the individual goals of each unique patient.
About Jeff Scott, MD, FACS
Dr. Jeff Scott is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma and earned his medical degree at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. Afterward, Dr. Scott completed a five-year residency in general surgery and trauma followed by two additional years of training in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the Medical College of Virginia. He is dual board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery. He is also a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery, a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, the Florida Medical Society, and the Manatee County Medical Society.
About John Leikensohn, MD, FACS
Dr. John Leikensohn is a graduate of Duke University and earned his medical degree at Georgetown University. After two years of general surgery, he completed training in otolaryngology and maxillofacial surgery at the University of Cincinnati, followed by two years of training in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of California in San Francisco. He is dual board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Leikensohn is a member of the Florida Medical Association, the American Society of Plastic Surgery, the Lipolysis Society, and is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
To contact The Plastic Surgery Center, visit their website at floridacosmeticsurg.com, call their Sarasota office at 800-305-2450, or call their Bradenton office at 800-941-4302. The center's Sarasota office is located at 1219 East Ave South, Suite 201, Sarasota, FL 34239. The center's Bradenton office is located at 5807 21st Avenue West, Bradenton, FL 34209.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks