|By Business Wire||
|November 13, 2012 03:47 AM EST||
SES (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) announced today that it has launched a new iPad application, showcasing the SES global fleet of 52 satellites and including over 150 footprints. Now available in the App Store, the app – SES Satellites - is designed by SES to engage its customers and enable them to easily locate the satellites covering their markets.
SES Satellites is the first satellite fleet iPad application with a search tool that displays satellite coverage based on one’s location and has an augmented reality view which allows customers to easily locate the position of SES satellites by holding and pointing an iPad toward the sky. Augmented reality view is a camera view of one's surroundings, enhanced with digital information. The iPad application also includes facts and figures of the SES satellites and high quality footprints.
“We are pleased to showcase our fleet and coverage using the capabilities of the iPad, with 3D earth navigation and an augmented reality view,” said Niclas Friese Greene, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Communications, SES. “This tool illustrates the concept of satellites in space and coverage over the earth, as well as provides information that will enable our customers to learn more about our global fleet. With this new application, we are literally putting our satellite fleet in the hands of our customers.”
The SES Satellites application can be downloaded via WiFi on iPad 2 and higher versions.
Download the app on: www.ses.com/ipad
Follow us on:
SES is a world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of 52 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organisations worldwide.
SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the broadcasting industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements.
SES (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) holds participations in Ciel in Canada and QuetzSat in Mexico, as well as a strategic participation in satellite infrastructure start-up O3b Networks. Further information under: www.ses.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks