|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 03:31 AM EST||
LONDON, November 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
According to leading law firm Pannone, more than a quarter of divorces in Britain feature disputes over the impact of personal debt. This equates to almost 30,000 people per year divorcing because of debt problems.
Unfortunately, this heartbreaking statistic comes as no surprise to Andy Davie and the rest of the team at iva.co.uk, who have thousands of people joining the forum each day in order to find free help and support for their problems. The award winning website recently conducted its own research and found that a whopping 62% of those in debt claim that that they have suffered severe relationship problems whilst in debt.
So why does debt have such a damning affect on those suffering and their close relatives?
Iva.co.uk founder and debt-councillor Andy Davie suggests that debt can cause a dramatic increase in stress and anxiety and secrecy amongst partners about their debt can enhance feelings of isolation.
"Having come through this myself, I know all too well what it is like to deal with rising personal debts. For many and varied reasons, people may find it difficult to talk to their loved ones which in turn can cause problems. Even if issues are out in the open, the level of stress experienced by those in debt is high, making people short tempered, depressed and lose sleep all of which impact negatively on otherwise healthy relationships."
Andy continues "The important thing to remember is that there is help out there if you look in the right places. At iva.co.uk have a website full of free information as well as a 24 hour helpine and a forum. You can reach out to us in any way you feel comfortable by reading our expert advice, calling us directly or interacting with other members who are also suffering from debt problems on the forum."
IVA.co.uk is the UK's biggest online IVA community for information and advice about Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs). It is a leading authority on debt and finance in the UK. IVA.co.uk was formed to help improve understanding of debt and debt solutions in Britain by providing expert advice and a live forum alongside a regular roundup of the latest news, statistics, and research from the world of debt solutions. For more information please visit http://www.iva.co.uk or contact us on our free helpline +44(0)800-197-4838.
Contact: Racheal Ellis
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks