|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 03:03 AM EST||
HELSINKI, November 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Ixonos was awarded with "Channel Project of The Year" prize for the commercial rollout of the Ixonos Elastic CloudTM platform. Awards were handed out in an awards ceremony gala event in Stockholm by Red Hat Nordic management. Prestigious Red Hat awards are won by leading IT companies who really stand out for their excellent achievements. IT technology providers from Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark were nominated to compete for the best channel partner award.
Awarding Ixonos is based on achievements that demonstrate creative thinking and determined problem solving. "Ixonos has broken new ground and successfully implemented Red Hat solutions in an inspiring way", comments Markus Pekkarinen, Red Hat Sales Manager Finland & Baltic. "Ixonos has built a self-service portal, allowing cloud customers to create their own virtual machines and ready-to-use application platform instances to run applications in the cloud", Pekkarinen says. Customers can easily order pre-configured application servers without cumbersome licensing agreements. "Ixonos approach is very innovative, allowing cloud customers to implement modern 3 tier architecture with automated clustering and load balancing", Pekkarinen concludes.
"We are very pleased that Red Hat recognises the customer value we have been able to deliver with our Ixonos Elastic Cloud platform, using Red Hat technology" states Ixonos' Teppo Kuisma, Vice President, Online Solutions. "Companies in Finland and in Europe are enjoying the scalability and cost-effectiveness that Elastic Cloud enables. Ixonos continually develops the platform and will introduce new exciting features in the future, such as dynamic clusters and real-time SLA reporting", Kuisma continues.
Ixonos Elastic Cloud, is the first Red Hat certified cloud in Northern Europe. It is a private cloud service that is designed for demanding enterprise use, allowing rapid development, testing and delivery of applications and online services
Ixonos is a creative mobile solutions company. We develop wireless technologies, software and solutions for connected devices and mobile services. Together with our corporate customers, we design products and services that let consumers enjoy inspiring mobile experiences. We enhance the competitiveness of our customer companies by enabling superior user experiences as well as faster time-to-market for their devices and services. We have offices in Finland, China, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Great Britain, Slovakia, South Korea and the U.S. Ixonos Plc is listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd. In 2011, the company's turnover was 81.4 million euros and its operating profit was 1.9 million euros.
For more information, please contact:
- Teppo Kuisma, Vice President, Online Solutions, tel. +358-50-581-4075, email@example.com
- Simo Nurmi, Head of operations, Cloud, tel. +358-50-387-0424, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Markus Pekkarinen, Sales Manager, Finland, tel. +358-40-569-4030, email@example.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher