|By Marketwired .||
|November 13, 2012 02:05 AM EST||
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK -- (Marketwire) -- 11/13/12 -- Cytovance® Biologics, Inc., a leading full-service contract manufacturer of mammalian and microbial biologics, announces an agreement with Selexys Pharmaceuticals, Corp. to produce its lead asset, the SelG1 monoclonal antibody (mAb) for a Phase II clinical study. A recent agreement with a major pharmaceutical company and the securing of Series A financing will allow Selexys to advance the SelG1 program through a large Phase II clinical study in patients with sickle cell disease.
Under the scope of this agreement, Cytovance Biologics will spearhead the cGMP manufacturing along with technical and regulatory support to supply the Selexys clinical program. SelG1 will be manufactured at the 1,000L scale in Cytovance's 44,000 sq. ft. production facility that was custom-designed for multi-product cGMP manufacturing and meets U.S. and EU regulatory standards.
"Cytovance continues to be an integral part of our efforts at Selexys and has played a key role in the advancement of our clinical programs. We look forward to working with Cytovance on this important project as well as other projects in the future," said Dr. Scott Rollins, President and CEO of Selexys.
"Cytovance shares in Selexys' enthusiasm for the future of SelG1," stated Darren Head, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cytovance Biologics. "The recent news and potential of this product highlighted by the growing partnership between Cytovance and Selexys -- both Oklahoma companies -- is a representation of the well-built biotech community in Oklahoma."
Cytovance originally collaborated with Selexys Pharmaceuticals in 2010 to develop and manufacture its Anti-PSGL-1 therapeutic agent, a monoclonal antibody (mAb) developed for treatment of inflammation associated with Crohn's disease.
About Cytovance® Biologics
Cytovance® Biologics is a biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing company specializing in the production of therapeutic proteins and antibodies from both mammalian cell culture and microbial fermentation. In addition to its cGMP manufacturing services, the company offers process development, cGMP cell banking and support services from its Oklahoma City state-of-the-art facilities. Learn more about Cytovance Biologics at www.cytovance.com.
Marketing Communications Manager
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks