|By PR Newswire||
|November 12, 2012 08:01 PM EST||
CHICAGO, Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Representatives of the Federal Trade Commission, the world's largest brands, state Attorneys General, technology pioneers and the nation's leading law firms are converging on Chicago this week for the Promotion Marketing Association's (PMA) Annual Marketing Law Conference entitled "Converging Platforms and Diverging Laws."
With an agenda laced with topical presentations concerning online privacy and the constant challenge of lawmakers to keep pace with new technology and practices, the event has attracted the largest turnout in its 34 year history. Among more than 100 featured speakers, attendees will hear from Federal Trade Commissioners Julie Brill and Maureen Ohlhausen; Ford Motor Company's Global Head of Social Media Scott Monty; Procter & Gamble's Chief Legal Officer Deborah Platt Majoras; legal industry leaders Ron Urbach of Davis & Gilbert LLP, Linda Goldstein of Manatt, Phelps & Phillips LLP; and PMA's CEO Bonnie Carlson and Chief Legal Officer Ed Kabak.
"The importance of this conference cannot be oversated," according to Mr. Kabak. "The issues presented, discussed and dissected here will have a major impact on legislators, consumers and marketers for years to come. It's easy to see why so many industry leaders regard this as an event they can't miss."
Industry professionals and the general public are invited to keep up with the highlights at www.pmalink.com, on Twitter #PMAlaw or by downloading the PMA Law 2012 app at the iTunes store.
About the PMA
Founded in 1911, the New York based PMA is the national non-profit trade association dedicated to the industry of marketing disciplines that motivate behavior, activate response and build brands. Representing $750 billion in sales, these disciplines include promotion marketing, digital marketing, shopper/retailer marketing, sponsorship and experiential marketing. The organization's membership is comprised of Fortune 500 companies, top marketing agencies, law firms, retailers, service providers and academia, representing thousands of brands worldwide.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher