|By PR Newswire||
|November 12, 2012 07:31 PM EST||
BOCA RATON, Fla., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dr. Steven Joyal from Life Extension, a Fort Lauderdale, Fla-based organization dedicated to the extension of the healthy human lifespan, returns to The SUZANNE Show this week to discuss cellular energy. His appearance, which is one in a series devoted to natural health and longevity, airs Wednesday, November 14, at 7 a.m. (ET/PT) on Lifetime Television.
"The energy that sustains our daily physical and cognitive activities can actually be traced down to the cellular level," says Dr. Joyal. "Tiny power plants in our cells called mitochondria create energy from the food we eat and the air we breathe, but as we age they become damaged and less efficient at their task."
"In a healthy five-year-old child, nearly 100% of the mitochondria are working well," says Dr. Joyal, "but a typical 90-year-old person has 95% damage to these critical power plants. This loss of mitochondrial function is responsible for early fatigue and cognitive impairment in aging adults."
The good news is that we now have the ability to help our mitochondria function at their best, and it may even be possible for our bodies to create new mitochondria with proper supplementation. Researchers have shown that pyrroloquinoline quinine (PQQ) promotes the creation of mitochondria and results in additional energy available to the cells.
PQQ is difficult to obtain through diet alone, but can be added as a nutritional supplement to enhance memory, attention, and cognition in older adults. Dr. Joyal also recommends vigorous exercise, calorie restriction, and antioxidant supplementation to maximize mitochondrial function. Tune in Wednesday for the entire story, or get more information by visiting http://www.lef.org/suzanneTV.
About The SUZANNE Show: This one-hour, weekly show invites you to join Suzanne Somers, her expert guests and celebrity friends for conversations unveiling ways to achieve an ageless and more fulfilling life. Featuring the candid yet caring style fans expect from Suzanne, the show empowers viewers with cutting-edge solutions for today's issues. Enjoy exciting discussions on everything from health and wellness to beauty and style, relationships, cooking, entertainment and more… no topic is off limits! The SUZANNE Show will spice up your morning with frank talk and fresh ideas on living a healthy, full and ageless life! For more information, visit http://www.suzannetv.com, or follow The SUZANNE Show on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/suzanneshow.
SOURCE The SUZANNE Show
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London