|By PR Newswire||
|November 12, 2012 06:57 PM EST||
BOCA RATON, Fla., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dr. Scott Fogle from Life Extension, a Fort Lauderdale, Fla-based organization dedicated to the extension of the healthy human lifespan, returns to The SUZANNE Show this week to discuss sleep disorders. His appearance, which is one in a series devoted to natural health and longevity, airs Wednesday, November 14, at 7 a.m. (ET/PT) on Lifetime Television.
According to Dr. Fogle, sleep disorders are the most commonly misdiagnosed conditions in medicine today, with millions unnecessarily suffering from their negative effects. Common ailments include sleep apnea, syndrome leg movement disorder, and insomnia, a particular issue that about 30% of the population suffers from.
"The bottom line," Dr. Fogle says, "is that poor sleep can translate to serious health problems at the worst, or a very disrupted and unfulfilling awake life at the least, with low energy, mood swings, and much more."
To properly diagnose sleep issues, Dr. Fogle recommends a "sleep study," where eye and leg movements, brain wave patterns, and other factors are recorded as a patient sleeps. The study can be prescribed by any doctor and is covered under most medical insurance. Results reveal what Dr. Fogle refers to as a person's "sleep architecture," and can be useful when diagnosing and treating disorders.
Dr. Fogle recommends exercise, avoidance of stimulants, and a variety of supportive dietary supplements such as magnesium, melatonin, botanical teas, and bioactive milk peptides to help support healthy sleep. Tune in Wednesday for the entire story, or get more information by visiting http://www.lef.org/suzanneTV.
About The SUZANNE Show: This one-hour, weekly show invites you to join Suzanne Somers, her expert guests and celebrity friends for conversations unveiling ways to achieve an ageless and more fulfilling life. Featuring the candid yet caring style fans expect from Suzanne, the show empowers viewers with cutting-edge solutions for today's issues. Enjoy exciting discussions on everything from health and wellness to beauty and style, relationships, cooking, entertainment and more… no topic is off limits! The SUZANNE Show will spice up your morning with frank talk and fresh ideas on living a healthy, full and ageless life! For more information, visit http://www.suzannetv.com, or follow The SUZANNE Show on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/suzanneshow.
SOURCE The SUZANNE Show
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks